PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf
Re: touch pro air chamber project (lol)

why not drill holes in your back battery cover to allow for more ventilation?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
why not drill holes in your back battery cover to allow for more ventilation?

That would look HOT... I can see myself needing a qtip all the time just to be able to use the camera bc there would be dust gathering on the inside of the back of the phone.

The ideah behind this is to eliminate a problem the phone has with long tethering sessions the Touch Pro does not get 2 hot otherwise, enough for me to want to drill vent holes in the battery cover itself.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

I cold whip up a prototype outta cardboard over the weekend ... just don't have access to a charging dock ... I am seriously thinking of getting one though... With the TP2 just around the corner the only thing that would need to be done to make it future proof would be to make the area around the phone insert big enough so that the tp2 would also fit inside, and to make it with enough room that the spare battery bay has room to be removed and upgraded when the new battery comes out for the tp2... You should not need to go get a new dock bc the ext port is carried into the tp2.. and for the battery bay all that would need to be done is re-locate the pins where it makes contact with the battery and have enough room for the batt itself bc it is bigger. If enough people bite after said device holder is made and works i would not mind making up some others (not outa cardboard)

To the op not trying to steal your ideah just improve upon it and actually make one. So many people come up w/ideahs and they r left @ that.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPRO2

Quirk is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Quirk

I had much 'smaller' idea that I feel would've accomplished the same thing.

I would like to get one of the MUGEN (sp?) battery covers without the battery and put a fan in it. Then, when tethering, I would put the extended fan cover on, place the phone on it's face, hook up the power source for the fan (most likely USB) and then be good to go.

I haven't decided if the fan will suck air out of the phone, or blow air in. I think blowing air in would be the most effective, but in such a small area either way would work.

Or... how about liquid cooling?
Old 04-17-2009, 01:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Alpha needs some more air holes around the phone and an actual fan....

Last edited by gator2k83; 04-17-2009 at 01:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

@ work and only had camera on the phone to take pics with.... the beta cardboard version w/fan will have to wait till Fri night.. if that works out then i can move onto ordering and hacking up a cradle... Then i wil never have to worry about my phone overheating while charging and will always be able to wake up with 2 fresh batteries.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:04 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Wow lol that's really amazing. So I'm thinking then there would only be 3 vents at the top since the bottom of the phone would need a plug. It would have to be level so you could just put the phone in and slide it downward to plug in. Or perhaps we could just use a wire coming out of the side and stick with the 4 vents.

I'm going to run by home depot or lowes or wherever it is people get thin plywood from and pick up a bunch. I have a feeling I won't get it exactly right on the first go.

Thanks for contributing. I honestly thought people would laugh at me and dismiss this idea, but after seeing it put together like that, even just in cardboard, I really feel confident in making this thing lol

Old 04-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Alright, I drew a 3D model up for you this morning. We have a machine that will take my 3D model and make it out of plastic. It will be made just the way I drew it, which was similar to the OP's drawing. I just dimensioned it for myself and think I am going to send it over and have them make it for me.

Last edited by jason25; 04-17-2009 at 09:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

wow, we are really rolling with this huh? maybe someone can market it and make money and donate to ppcgeeks? heh just a thought

Old 04-17-2009, 09:44 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
Alright, I drew a 3D model up for you this morning. We have a machine that will take my 3D model and make it out of plastic. It will be made just the way I drew it, which was similar to the OP's drawing. I just dimensioned it for myself and think I am going to send it over and have them make it for me.
Yeah dimensions was part of it I hadn't come up with yet. Thickness of the wood and exact size of the computer fan was something I needed to measure prior to cutting.

Now when I look at your image, I see the fan hole at the top. Is that just how the software made it look or are u sure you used all the pieces correctly? See how gator's model doesn't have the fan hole where the phone sits. The idea is to create a plenum chamber of sorts...

Last edited by chronster; 04-17-2009 at 09:52 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro