PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mazbadie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using HTC as a modem or Wifi Spot

I did some searching both on this site and on Google and managed to get this done very easily. I went to www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/ and downloaded the software. It took about 30 seconds and that was it. An icon is on my laptop now and when I connect my Touch Pro, I right click on the icon and click on connect. That's it! I'm using it now and found it very easy to set up and I'm not a savy user.

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:31 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

insert reminder here that PAM use without paying for PAM service is a violation of your TOS and can lead to hair on your palms, blindness, delayed back ache, and/or termination of your EVDO data plan. If you have a tethering session lasting more then 4 hours seek medical attention...
Old 04-20-2009, 04:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazbadie View Post
I tried searching this site for anything close to my topic but couldn't find anything,
Don't worry, there are some posters here that respond to every single post by saying "use the search function" instead of actually providing help to anybody (it gets extremely annoying), We're not all like that thank god.........

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 04-20-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

By the way, when you use the search function for this site don't use the first line that says "search forums". You'll never find anything that way, but if you use the next line for google search you'll have much better luck........

~John
Old 04-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mazbadie is a n00b

Thanks John. I appreciate it.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mazbadie is a n00b

OK, so now that I downloaded PDANet, what about the charges? I have been reading about doing something to the registry or downloading a CAB file, but is that to tether without paying? I have an unlimited internet plan but does that matter?

I have searched and found plenty of realted threads, but I can't make sense of any of it. One guy says one thing, and another says somethign else.

Can anyone please help me find the best solution for the Touch Pro? I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Pro TWO!
Carrier: Sprint

Beandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good work

There is a stickied thread in the HTC Touch Pro forums called Touch Pro essentials, it is a good jumping off point and has answers to all of your questions.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730
Old 04-21-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Carrier: Sprint

aesoprock00 is just getting started

i paid for WMWifirouter and never looked back. after using the free version for a while and really enjoying it, i went ahead and paid for it. it was only $30 and i've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it while traveling or even when the power goes out at home and my internet goes down. you can connect multiple computers to it via wifi with WEP encryption, or many other options (wired, bluetooth, etc). i tried PDANet, which worked well too, and a few of the other hacks, but in the end paying for WMWifirouter has worked the best for me. definitely worth it. I bought it for my Mogul originally, and it works just fine with the same Serial code on my TP.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use ICSControl. It's a bit more fiddly to set up than WMWiFiRouter, but way more flexible. You can do all sort of interesting connections besides cellular to WiFi. It's also free.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377047

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro