PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 01:49 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If I flash my Sprint TP ROM to Mighty's newest ROM...

Is it possible for me to flash back/hard reset back to the Sprint TP stock ROM?

If so, what precautions (if any) would I need to take to do this?
Old 04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thelastpoet is keeping up the good workthelastpoet is keeping up the good work
Re: If I flash my Sprint TP ROM to Mighty's newest ROM...

yes it is possible...theres a sticky on the cdma upgrade page that will allow you to flash the stock rom

and another sticky thread that will tell you how to relock your phone if you have to bring it in for repairs
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

no real precautions necessary. Just make sure to grab the original rom from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741

If you dont like whatever you flash you can just go back to that.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:06 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Thanks for the replies.

I understand we have to unlock the phone in order to flash a new ROM to it.

Say if I did need to take it in for a repair, Would I have to flash back to Sprint's stock ROM and relock the phone to assure myself and my phone?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

They only reason you would need to flash back to stock rom is if your phone breaks. Otherwise custom roms are 1000000000 times better than stock.
Once you unlock your phone you can flash as many roms as you want as many times as you want.
performing a hardreset wont bring you back to stock rom it will just clear all of the data and settings you have changed
Old 04-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I understand we have to unlock the phone in order to flash a new ROM to it.

Say if I did need to take it in for a repair, Would I have to flash back to Sprint's stock ROM and relock the phone to assure myself and my phone?
to be safe i would flash back and relock. better safe than sorry
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:15 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
They only reason you would need to flash back to stock rom is if your phone breaks. Otherwise custom roms are 1000000000 times better than stock.
Once you unlock your phone you can flash as many roms as you want as many times as you want.
performing a hardreset wont bring you back to stock rom it will just clear all of the data and settings you have changed
Here is my question with this...

Say for instance I flashed to Mighty's ROM. Something goes wrong with my phone and I am not able to get to my start-up screen... are there still ways to flash back to Sprint's stock shipped ROM? I don't want to brick my phone pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
to be safe i would flash back and relock. better safe than sorry
I agree.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:

Say for instance I flashed to Mighty's ROM. Something goes wrong with my phone and I am not able to get to my start-up screen... are there still ways to flash back to Sprint's stock shipped ROM? I don't want to brick my phone pretty much.
yes there is you can just put your phone in bootloader mode [hold volume down and power button, then softreset while still holding until 3 colored screen shows up] and you can flash roms as you please, but you phone wont show up on your computer when its in bootloader mode. It will still allow roms to be flashed though even if you cant see its plugged in

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 04-16-2009 at 02:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

Your bootloader that you flashed in unlocking the phone should still be available to let you flash the original Sprint rom again.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

I agree.
While I can't really vouch for the TP, the Mogul was damned near impossible to brick. Pretty much the only way you could brick it was if you did a very specific crazy combination of flashes between different GPS and non GPS enabled ROMs/radios. I can't imagine the TP to be much different, but the Sprint TP never had a non-GPS radio to my knowledge, so it should be unbrickable! Though I vaguely remember someone saying they bricked their phone somehow, may not have been because of flashing though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro