PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

RTPGiants is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Couple of Touch Pro glitches

I was wondering if people can help out with a couple of glitches I've had:

1) If I disable Outlook reminders from any sort of notification, it doesn't make any sound, buzz, or pop up the reminder, but it does turn the phone on. Is there a way to prevent that?

2) If I charge the phone via the AC/USB charger, it'll lockup about 20% of the time. This doesn't happen when charging overnight via a USB->PC connection. HTC & Sprint's support weren't helpful here.

3) I have Outlook syncing with Exchange as well as an IMAP account hosted by Google Apps. Exchange always syncs fine. The IMAP account periodically claims it cannot make a connection despite it being available (if I try it on a PC) and the phone having network connectivity.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:47 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Re: Couple of Touch Pro glitches

have you tried to hard reset the phone? I mean, its not always the best solution, but normally its what people do as soon as they get the phone before doing anything with it.

Wouldn't hurt to start fresh.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

1. If I remember during my research, it has to do with the way the notification queue works within the actual OS. I believe I read somewhere that the OS has to be under full power to update the notification queue. Now, I have a follow on question to your question 1. If you're disabling your reminders, whats the point of setting reminders in the first place?

2. I've not seen this issue, I recharge both ways. question, under settings, today, do you have the today timeout checked or not? Mine is unchecked.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RTPGiants is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
1. If I remember during my research, it has to do with the way the notification queue works within the actual OS. I believe I read somewhere that the OS has to be under full power to update the notification queue. Now, I have a follow on question to your question 1. If you're disabling your reminders, whats the point of setting reminders in the first place?

2. I've not seen this issue, I recharge both ways. question, under settings, today, do you have the today timeout checked or not? Mine is unchecked.
1) The reminders thing ... they're set in Outlook, and I do want the reminders on my desktop, just not on the phone. I don't know of a way of having the phone ignore them.

2) I've seen the today timeout "fix" listed a few times, and have tried both ways /w same results.

As for hard resetting. My biggest concern there is that I need to sync contacts. However, I do *not* want to sync contacts with Outlook. I did this at first and it pulled my company's entire contact list. Is there a good way to save off my own contacts w/o setting up that sync?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RTPGiants is a n00b

Oh yeah, one other issue. If I'm in the IMAP email box, do a send/receive and get a new message, it kicks me out to the TouchFlo home page. I can get back fine, but it's annoying. Any fix?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro