PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket
Carrier: sprint

jupiter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any news on the Touch Pro 2 coming to USA?

i have a touch pro now but that'll soon b moot when the palm pre comes out, no more touch for me, although right now with a custom rom i think the phone is great
Old 04-13-2009, 11:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

I am waiting on touch pro 2 for my touch pro replacement letting the gf have a palm pre
Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Touch Pro 2 > Palm pre..

This coming from a guy that only got a Touch Pro to get him by until a Palm Pre came out.

One thing I will say though. These HTC phones seem to be low on quality. My camera phone on my LG Muziq was a 1.3mpix and it took better photo's. Plus my Mogul crashed all the time. So far its been smooth with my TP but I have only had it for about a week. The TP takes crapy pictues though and the lage between the press of the button and the actualy photo snap is horribly long and boring. Other then that no complaints. I really do like the features. Turn it over for speaker phone turn it over to mute. Pull stylus out it turns on. Some of the photo options are great. I like the ruberized back, there is a lot I like about this phone. A lot more likes then dislikes anyway. I am new to the windows mobile comunity though so my opinion is weak.

I was realy hyped about the Palm pre it made me want a keyboard phone lol. I got the TP just to hold me off. Funny thing is though I think I might like the TP2 better then the Pre. Also the keyboard on the TP2 looks amazing. The keyboard on the Pre is probably going to be more cramped the the TP.

I am going to play lots with both but one of them might be my next phone.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jaytv is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Any news on when the Touch Pro 2 is coming to Sprint?

It say summer.

Any more news?
I say you're high, chong...

Early fall if all goes well...and yes, 3G on 2100mhz.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:11 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoirier594 View Post
Do you know when Verizon gets it, hopefully they dont screw it up, like all the other phones
if its V$W, its guaranteed to be locked down tighter than a super max prison....

and i was talking to the rep at the Sprint store about a month ago, and September is their confirmed date....

Help Me Help You
Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=844067 well from the the looks of this thread, it will be out inEu on June 5 which means that we wont get it for atleast a few months after. looks really sweet though, as soon as it comes out i will be retiring my TP.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was looking into this and found this website
http://i.gizmodo.com/5199416/t+mobil...-release-dates

I barely started my T-mobile service about 2 weeks ago and soon will get my alltel line back up. If this is all true im staying with T-mobile. Reception is pretty bad in some places but I really would like to try HTC TP2.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium
Threadstarter

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Why would you get a Pre right away? There is not much software for it.

I think the Touch Pro 2 will be thicker than the Treo Pro I have now.

Icing on the cake would that it has 3.5mm jack.

Last edited by chong67; 04-22-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAByteZ View Post
I was looking into this and found this website
http://i.gizmodo.com/5199416/t+mobil...-release-dates

I barely started my T-mobile service about 2 weeks ago and soon will get my alltel line back up. If this is all true im staying with T-mobile. Reception is pretty bad in some places but I really would like to try HTC TP2.
Well I work for T-Mobile and so far I have yet to confirm that the TP2 will be coming out for T-Mobile. They might be keeping it hush hush for now not letting the employees in on it. I will check with my operation manager and see if there is anything positive. I am not working today might be a while before I edit this post .

***Edit*** There is nothing in Streamline for the TouchPro2. As for my higher ups they have not heard anything about it either although I have stirred some heads in hoping that T-Mobile does get it first...I'm still sticking with Sprint ^^

Last edited by bayushikitsune; 04-22-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
if its V$W, its guaranteed to be locked down tighter than a super max prison....

true, but it will be unlocked two weeks later by somebody on this board (like every other phone VZ has ever done this to)

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro