PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Making your phone more user(chick) friendly??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64797)

Rento_VW 04-13-2009 06:02 PM

Making your phone more user(chick) friendly???

I just noticed this... Adding contacts to the TP is not very user friendly... Well to me, of-course. What about your average cell-phone user?

I got a chick's digits a few days ago, and she nearly gave -up... You know how it goes...

Chick: Hey, let me see your phone.
You: *hands phone over*

Few hours later, you're sitting in your pad and scrolling through your contacts to see who to hit up... Woah... New contact, that chick from earlier added herself to your list without telling ya! NICE!

Well ****, this is how it went for me...

Chick: Heya, let me see your phone!
Me: *hands over phone*
Few mins pass...
Chick: How the **** do you go to your contacts?!
Me: uh... here..
Chick: Oh my god... this is confusing ARGH!!!
Few mins later...
Chick: FINALLY!!! I GOT IT!!!
*crickets*

Haha... yeah... Not every girl is going to try that hard to get her digits into your phone.

So far the only thing i've noticed is that if you opened up the keyboard before handing it over, Contacts button pops up in the bottom right...

Or perhaps maybe there is a .cab file to make some quick hints appear on the bottom softkeys... Because people most of the time don't even know the bottom softkeys are even buttons...

Perhaps a way to make it say between the softkeys:
<--- Tap --->
<- Buttons ->
<--- Click -->

or something inbetween the soft keys... Anything to get a Touch Pro virgin navigating your phone easily.

Or make them stand out easier, perhaps a different color?

peepeesea 04-13-2009 06:18 PM

Re: Making your phone more user(chick) friendly???

perhaps you are asking the wrong "chicks"?
personally i like dumb girls, so i am fully aware that they have no idea how use my phone, which is good because then they cant be checking up on me.

if you find a girl that knows how to use your phone shes probably smart enough to not give you her digits ;-)

as far as making it easier... i think if you have any common scene you should be able to figure it out and if she cant shes probably not worth it

HotSauce 04-13-2009 06:21 PM

I know exactly how you feel. Everybody is always mirin' my phone cuz they've never seen a Touch Pro, and they have absolutely no idea how to use it. They'll open something and not know how to go back, or just not know how to do anything, lol. I opened Opera for my brother because he wanted to check msn.ca, and he got to msn.com and gave up after a while. That's just sad, though.

SE73N 04-13-2009 06:30 PM

try doing it while your drunk...almost impossible,had that problem this past weekend as far as remapping your softkeys try using keyswop

Rento_VW 04-13-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peepeesea (Post 846389)
perhaps you are asking the wrong "chicks"?
personally i like dumb girls, so i am fully aware that they have no idea how use my phone, which is good because then they cant be checking up on me.

if you find a girl that knows how to use your phone shes probably smart enough to not give you her digits ;-)

as far as making it easier... i think if you have any common scene you should be able to figure it out and if she cant shes probably not worth it

Oh for ****'s sake, I didn't ask for your input on what kind of chicks I like and if a girl should be able to figure out a phone...

I was also using that instance as an example, not to mention, you obviously don't get out much, as a girl putting her digits into your phone without you knowing is fairly freakin' common out here ontop of the old fashion slip of a note, etc.

Back on topic please as the second reply to the thread adds to the fact that people have a hard time using the Touch Pro, it took me about half a day to figure out the basic navigation of the Touch Pro when I first got it... When it only takes a few mins to figure out any other phone out there.

This goes to lead, to the question, is there a way to make the Start button on the top left corner look like a Windows Vista or XP start button without changing the Sprint ROM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE73N (Post 846412)
try doing it while your drunk...almost impossible,had that problem this past weekend as far as remapping your softkeys try using keyswop

Any idea on where the "Add Contact" directory would be at?

EDIT: found it in Windows/AppButtons

Thanks a ton.

peepeesea 04-13-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rento_VW (Post 846420)
Oh for ****'s sake, I didn't ask for your input on what kind of chicks I like and if a girl should be able to figure out a phone...

I was also using that instance as an example, not to mention, you obviously don't get out much, as a girl putting her digits into your phone without you knowing is fairly freakin' common out here ontop of the old fashion slip of a note, etc.

Back on topic please as the second reply to the thread adds to the fact that people have a hard time using the Touch Pro, it took me about half a day to figure out the basic navigation of the Touch Pro when I first got it... When it only takes a few mins to figure out any other phone out there.

This goes to lead, to the question, is there a way to make the Start button on the top left corner look like a Windows Vista or XP start button without changing the Sprint ROM?

Any idea on where the "Add Contact" directory would be at?

ask a stupid question... get a stupid answer

Rento_VW 04-13-2009 06:45 PM

It's a stupid question how? I'm asking how to make the Touch Pro easier to navigate for people who don't own one. Now tell me how that is a stupid question, i'd really like to know.

No1ustad 04-13-2009 06:58 PM

really?? fightin over this? does her IQ even matter? you meet her at a bar-invite her out next wk, take her home, and either forget bout her if her IQ's too low, or continue having 'stimulating' conversation.

granted none of this would be possible w/o the quick addition of a contact.

Rento_VW 04-13-2009 07:00 PM

Thank you kind sir.

Now anywho... Anyone know if it's possible to put like a glow or hue or box or something around the Start and two bottom softkeys to make them stand out more and not look like labels...

No1ustad 04-13-2009 07:02 PM

you might be able to find a .tsk that has glowing circles, but since i'm guessin ur using the all black tsk, changing to any other .tsk helps IMO