PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 09:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

713alan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I go back to PIE?

I had a Sprint 6800 which I lost so I "upgraded" to a Sprint Touch Pro still using Windows 6.1.

I am trying different custom ROMs. Internet Explorer 6 is poor. It take the screen that I would look at on a 19" monitor and shrinks it down to fit on a 2.5" screen. If that is not enough, It lets me zoom out to put it on a 1.5" screen. The guy who wrote it obviously collects postage stamps. It will not let me zoom in.

I tried Opera. When reading forums, you can zoom in. However, when you click a thread, you do read it, but going back takes you to the top of the page. You have to scroll down to find your place. PIE would take you back to your place in the forum, not the top of the page. When you change pages in a forum, Opera reverts to it's normal zoom setting so you have to reset the zoom for each page. PIE did not do that.

How do I replace IE6 with PIE?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos
Re: Can I go back to PIE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 713alan View Post
I had a Sprint 6800 which I lost so I "upgraded" to a Sprint Touch Pro still using Windows 6.1.

I am trying different custom ROMs. Internet Explorer 6 is poor. It take the screen that I would look at on a 19" monitor and shrinks it down to fit on a 2.5" screen. If that is not enough, It lets me zoom out to put it on a 1.5" screen. The guy who wrote it obviously collects postage stamps. It will not let me zoom in.

I tried Opera. When reading forums, you can zoom in. However, when you click a thread, you do read it, but going back takes you to the top of the page. You have to scroll down to find your place. PIE would take you back to your place in the forum, not the top of the page. When you change pages in a forum, Opera reverts to it's normal zoom setting so you have to reset the zoom for each page. PIE did not do that.

How do I replace IE6 with PIE?
I managed to get IE to behave like PIE with this:

"hklm\security\internet explorer\MSHTML=0"

You will need a registry editor on the phone to toggle it from 1 to 0

Once you try it, you'll love the version of IE you have again.. Or at least, I did. I prefer to surf forums in 1-column mode. Setting the above key to 0 lets me have that old PIE experience back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

713alan is a n00b

Thanks. That gives me what I wanted!
Old 04-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I would like to be able to get the txt bigger! I can see it fine, my problem is my big fingers! Can anyone help?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started

thank you. i just flashed my diamond to 6.5 and love it except i almost always use 1 column browsing and the scrolling around was ruining my experience. i don't remember having to use a scroll bar before but could drag/finger flick - or am i imagining wrong? if my memory is good, any other registry changes? (now dragging just highlights text)
Old 05-18-2009, 03:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Thought about giving Skyfire a try?

Old 05-18-2009, 04:18 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Moved to Main TP Forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Thought about giving Skyfire a try?
+1 to skyfire

Hey Geekcop, congrats on makin VIP. Welcome to the club.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro