PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid
Help Please

I'm really starting to hate Sprint and this HTC Touch Pro, I mean I love it, but there is to many problems I'm having.

1. Text Messaging, everytime I go to text message someone (new, not replying) I will get a

"Messaging
Cannot recognize one or more recipients or the address is not valid. Would you like to send the message anyway?"

2. I can't recieve picture mail for some dumb ****ing reason that I don't even know. Sprint or someone that works for Sprint said that you have to reset/restart your phone EVERYTIME you get a picture. Well yeah, but I can't even get one ****ing picture. I have it on my plan, I have everything.

Only mods I have is Keyboard light stays on, Sent Text Message pop up disabled, unlocked and I think that's it. On top of it, it's ****ing slow.
I bet there is more, I'm just to pissed off to think right now.

Edit: On top of it my Internet Connection is ****ing slow and I'm tired of *****ing out comcast ALL THE TIME.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Re: Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
I'm really starting to hate Sprint and this HTC Touch Pro, I mean I love it, but there is to many problems I'm having.

1. Text Messaging, everytime I go to text message someone (new, not replying) I will get a

"Messaging
Cannot recognize one or more recipients or the address is not valid. Would you like to send the message anyway?"

2. I can't recieve picture mail for some dumb ****ing reason that I don't even know. Sprint or someone that works for Sprint said that you have to reset/restart your phone EVERYTIME you get a picture. Well yeah, but I can't even get one ****ing picture. I have it on my plan, I have everything.

Only mods I have is Keyboard light stays on, Sent Text Message pop up disabled, unlocked and I think that's it. On top of it, it's ****ing slow.
I bet there is more, I'm just to pissed off to think right now.

Edit: On top of it my Internet Connection is ****ing slow and I'm tired of *****ing out comcast ALL THE TIME.
have you flashed a custom rom yet? if so, which one? if not, why? there are a lot of really good roms here. a good custom rom will make most of your problems go away.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

do you have the personalizer app on your ppc? that may be the picturemail issue.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
have you flashed a custom rom yet? if so, which one? if not, why? there are a lot of really good roms here. a good custom rom will make most of your problems go away.
No I haven't, I tried to do JD's Custom Rom, but it wouldn't work for some reason and then he deleted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalfan View Post
Firstly, welcome.

I cant speak on all the issues you are having but will do my best.

1) This happens when instead of a phone number you put an email address. I have never had this happen when using a regular phone # to text to.

2) Downlaod the picturemail fix if you want to stay stock. My advise/opinion. Picturemail is crap so go with Arcsoft MMS. Forum Here : http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61802

The next issue is that your running a stock ROM so expect a bag of crap because thats what it is. If you are unlocked as you say, Flash to a custom ROM. Mighty Mike has a solid 6.1 and also he and Juicy release a kick a$$ 6.5 ROM.

Enjoy and hope this helped.
1. I'm not using an E-Mail, I'm using my contacts.

What rom do you think I should get? I just like to text message, internet and picture message. I also don't like the whole two months expriation thing on the picture mail.
What's the difference between them both? Why is Picture Mail Crap? It was fine on my Sprint Samsung SPH-A900 Blade cell phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
do you have the personalizer app on your ppc? that may be the picturemail issue.
No, I don't think so. What is it?

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 04-11-2009 at 11:24 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro