PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 11:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

noble1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Another Start Icon Question?

I've tried and tried and still can't get this start icon to change. i downloaded the shellr zip (but to my pc first not my device) I downloaded the Icone and installed it on my device, I go to TC and try to put the .bak on the file shellres.192.dll but it when i'm done it keeps going back to dll. it doesnt except we renaming it to .bak. Another question is where do the icom pics go that you want to use? I downloaded some .ico files that have the pic and the shellres in the folder but not for sure where the .ico files are supposed to be installed after i get this shellres.192.dll think figured out
Old 04-11-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

oneandsix is becoming a great contributor
Re: Another Start Icon Question?

Hey man, first of all you'll need something like PE Explorer to open and extract the dll. you will need unsigner and ssigner to unsign and sign the file too. As for the .bak renaming, i suggest trying to use Resco Explorer too, or download the dll from someone ellse. Ive actually ran into that problem too a while back, didnt know what fixed it though.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:01 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

noble1 is a n00b

the Unsigner is just like a note pad right? when i drag the file on that i guess its unsigning it just by dragging it over it?
Old 04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

pdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When you drag the file over the unsigner, you should see a black DOS type screen pop up for a second, then it is unsigned.

If you found this useful, hit the "Thanks" button.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

noble1 is a n00b

okay that doesnt happen with mine, i will try to find another unsigner file and download it
Old 04-11-2009, 01:59 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514first page of custom taskbar thread. its a sticky in thenes forum.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-11-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:35 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

noble1 is a n00b

I got the unsigner thats the one i thought i downloaded the first time and got the text from, but oh well, now i just have to figure out how to rename this file to .bak and make it stay or delete the sucker. Thanks for your Help
Old 04-11-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

pdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Let me know how it goes or if you need any more help.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

noble1 is a n00b

i'm going to get this figured out if it kills me! i got it to change once and also got it to be noting there no icon whatsoever, bout to figure out why it want take my icons
Old 04-11-2009, 03:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

to rename the file it doesnt have to be called .bak, it can just be "g" or whatever. also when using tc it may not look renamed but it is onc you tap and hokd styki on fike. when i change my start icon ive nver used pc to drop new dll in, only ppc. if the dll was signed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro