PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 02:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

slag02 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro + Ipod Touch. Best of both worlds

I too am also a TouchPro iPod Touch User.

I got the iPod Touch since I was in need of an MP3 Player, and the price for the platform was much better than paying for too many gigs of an ipod classic that I would never fill up.

The way Google Reader displays in safari [also the same on the g1 i think] is AWESOME. if anyone knows how to get that view on the TP let me know.

The ipod touch is excellent for what I use it for, mostly music, but then some light browsing/twitter/plurk etc.

I am very pleased
Old 04-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Pretty soon you can copy and paste on the iPod Touch!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work

Errr... I think I've posted on here before in opera on the TP but I could not get the cursor to appear in neither the quick reply box nor the full on reply box. I tried multiple times and I can see why I got the touch iPod. Browsing with opera is so frustrating on the TP with complex setups like this one. I am back on the iPod touch typing this. I wish I wasn't. If only one of the great chefs came up with something as smooth as the iPod platform. And I gotta say, this is my first time using iPods touchdcreen keyboard and it is virtually effortless. The correction engine is so damn good everything comes out correctly even though I'm typing away on the screen really fast. No keyboard lag either
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work

I absolutely hate how much smoother the freaking ipod is compared to the TP. Its annoying me now.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdeviation View Post
I just picked up a iPod Touch. WMWifi Router on my TP, the Touch picks that up when there is no wifi around. Yes!
I agree 100%.

I use my 16 gig touch everyday with WMwifirouter (what an awesome program)

Where the touch really shines is outside in the direct sun where the TP is virtually useless.

~John
Old 04-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

when i got my Touch pro i sold my ipod touch the same day 200$ saw no need to have it
Old 04-12-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor

I also have the same combo. I use the iTouch primarily for music now, but I do admit the browser's nicer than Opera, largely due to the bigger, capacitive multi-touch screen (a resistive screen just isn't going to be nearly as responsive to gestures, etc. and you certainly can't zoom in/out as easily).
Old 04-12-2009, 06:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsvnet View Post
but I do admit the browser's nicer than Opera, largely due to the bigger, capacitive multi-touch screen (a resistive screen just isn't going to be nearly as responsive to gestures, etc. and you certainly can't zoom in/out as easily).
No kidding, I would absolutely LOVE to swap that screen into my TP...........(I don't care what the resolution is)

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro