PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opps I just deleted a folder with a tone of apps in it. Can I get it back?

I mistakenly deleted a folder with apps in it. I didnt turn the phone off or soft reset yet can I retreave these deleted files some how? Crap I dont have a back up so if this dont work I have to hard reset again, and I already did that today. I was actually in the process of moving things around when this happend. Thought I file didnt delet and it was just a similar file name that was under it and I deleted it Damn I wanna punch my self in the face. It had a tone of stock apps that came with the phone lol.

I think I found some of the apps in the windows folder. I also found a tone of installs files for things on this phone in windows can I delet some of those files or would that hinder the device and screw with hard resets?

Last edited by twilk; 04-10-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Opps I just deleted a folder with a tone of apps in it. Can I get it back?

looks like a hard-reset is necessary
Old 04-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i know this may sound silly but did you try 'undo' from the drop down menu?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
looks like a hard-reset is necessary
I fear you are right. It takes me way to long to set this damn phone up lol. I was praying there was some sort of recycle bin they may be stored in till the phone got shut off or soft reset.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
i know this may sound silly but did you try 'undo' from the drop down menu?
I tried my last under was for copy though. So it wouldnt undo the delet.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

All the apps where stock phone apps I think, do you think I could find them in the windows file and just copy and past them to a new app folder? I am going to see if I can find them lol.

Damn I am starting to spam my own message. Anyway can someone send me all the stock apps/programs in a zip file? I wonder if I just need the icons? I cant image deleted the icons from the program's folder deleted the whole program? Man this sucks I am a tardo.

Last edited by twilk; 04-10-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Res...storation.html <---file undelete utility

I was thinking...you can try this..dont know if it will work.

D/L the restoration for the PC and then make your TP a flashdrive when doing an activesync...and just maybe you can restore your deleted folder.

Remember this was just a light bulb turning on in my head...LOL.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:51 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
I fear you are right. It takes me way to long to set this damn phone up lol. I was praying there was some sort of recycle bin they may be stored in till the phone got shut off or soft reset.
Quote:
I tried my last under was for copy though. So it wouldnt undo the delet.
Quote:
All the apps where stock phone apps I think, do you think I could find them in the windows file and just copy and past them to a new app folder? I am going to see if I can find them lol.

Damn I am starting to spam my own message. Anyway can someone send me all the stock apps/programs in a zip file? I wonder if I just need the icons? I cant image deleted the icons from the program's folder deleted the whole program? Man this sucks I am a tardo.
did it work for you? ive done that before but i have everything that i have on my phone in a folder on my desktop also. maybe might help to back it up there too.

on a side note, you can Multi-Quote so you dont post constantly one after another and you can edit a post with more info just incase you have more and noones posted after your last one. future refrence. good luck bro.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here's another option...... http://www.wizcode.com/products/view/undelete_mobile
Old 04-11-2009, 02:30 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

if u use resco explorer there is a recycle bin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro