PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Opps I just deleted a folder with a tone of apps in it. Can I get it back? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64463)

twilk 04-10-2009 04:28 PM

Opps I just deleted a folder with a tone of apps in it. Can I get it back?

I mistakenly deleted a folder with apps in it. I didnt turn the phone off or soft reset yet can I retreave these deleted files some how? Crap I dont have a back up so if this dont work I have to hard reset again, and I already did that today. I was actually in the process of moving things around when this happend. Thought I file didnt delet and it was just a similar file name that was under it and I deleted it :( Damn I wanna punch my self in the face. It had a tone of stock apps that came with the phone lol.

I think I found some of the apps in the windows folder. I also found a tone of installs files for things on this phone in windows can I delet some of those files or would that hinder the device and screw with hard resets?

ycats 04-10-2009 04:31 PM

Re: Opps I just deleted a folder with a tone of apps in it. Can I get it back?

looks like a hard-reset is necessary

redd214 04-10-2009 04:37 PM

i know this may sound silly but did you try 'undo' from the drop down menu?

twilk 04-10-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycats (Post 839423)
looks like a hard-reset is necessary

I fear you are right. It takes me way to long to set this damn phone up lol. I was praying there was some sort of recycle bin they may be stored in till the phone got shut off or soft reset.

twilk 04-10-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 839432)
i know this may sound silly but did you try 'undo' from the drop down menu?

I tried my last under was for copy though. So it wouldnt undo the delet.

twilk 04-10-2009 04:40 PM

All the apps where stock phone apps I think, do you think I could find them in the windows file and just copy and past them to a new app folder? I am going to see if I can find them lol.

Damn I am starting to spam my own message. Anyway can someone send me all the stock apps/programs in a zip file? I wonder if I just need the icons? I cant image deleted the icons from the program's folder deleted the whole program? Man this sucks I am a tardo.

Unknown Zone 04-10-2009 05:07 PM

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Res...storation.html <---file undelete utility

I was thinking...you can try this..dont know if it will work.

D/L the restoration for the PC and then make your TP a flashdrive when doing an activesync...and just maybe you can restore your deleted folder.

Remember this was just a light bulb turning on in my head...LOL. 8)

MoonZ*BabysH 04-11-2009 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilk (Post 839435)
I fear you are right. It takes me way to long to set this damn phone up lol. I was praying there was some sort of recycle bin they may be stored in till the phone got shut off or soft reset.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilk (Post 839437)
I tried my last under was for copy though. So it wouldnt undo the delet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilk (Post 839439)
All the apps where stock phone apps I think, do you think I could find them in the windows file and just copy and past them to a new app folder? I am going to see if I can find them lol.

Damn I am starting to spam my own message. Anyway can someone send me all the stock apps/programs in a zip file? I wonder if I just need the icons? I cant image deleted the icons from the program's folder deleted the whole program? Man this sucks I am a tardo.

did it work for you? ive done that before but i have everything that i have on my phone in a folder on my desktop also. maybe might help to back it up there too.

on a side note, you can Multi-Quote so you dont post constantly one after another and you can edit a post with more info just incase you have more and noones posted after your last one. future refrence. good luck bro.

BRIVERS73 04-11-2009 02:29 PM

Here's another option...... http://www.wizcode.com/products/view/undelete_mobile

hibby50 04-11-2009 02:30 PM

if u use resco explorer there is a recycle bin