PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Lurker

michaeln is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Life

Hello all,

I had a weird experience with my TP last night/this morning. I went to bed around 230A, with my TP fully charged, but not plugged in. I picked up my TP from my dresser around 9AM and signed into instant messaging. I then proceed to do some stuff around the house. I later picked the phone up around 130PM (15 min ago), and it was off. When I turned it on, the indicator for the battery was completely drained. Is this normal battery life? Seems a bit crazy.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Battery Life

did u have instant messenger or any other program running constantly in the background? if so thats probably why it died so quickly
Old 04-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

That and it might have been trying to find a BT connection OR a wifi connection.

Suggest you goto the TouchPro essential thread and look for the battery tweaks.

Most folks can go thru an entire workday with moderate usage and make it home to the charger.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
That and it might have been trying to find a BT connection OR a wifi connection.

Suggest you goto the TouchPro essential thread and look for the battery tweaks.

Most folks can go thru an entire workday with moderate usage and make it home to the charger.
great point. when i first got my touch pro my battery would die after like 6 hours of moderate use, i thought about returning the phone until i realized that my data connection was on ALL the time! after fixing that like said above i can get thru an entire day without charging
Old 04-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Also in 1x area on phone and not EV will kill battery looking for signal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro