PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 02:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

shailigum is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Insurance Question

is there anyway you think that sprint would allow me to exchange my touch pro for a treo pro?
I really like my touch pro..I just prefer the form factor of the treo over the slide out keyboard.
The treo is $100 less than the touch pro..think they'll give me a problem?
Old 04-09-2009, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

samshady is a n00b
Re: Sprint Insurance Question

From an insurance standpoint I say no. Insurance only replaces phones with another phone with similar features if the original model is not available. Since the Touch Pro is still considered the latest WM phone there are plenty of them on the shelf. Now are you still with in your thirty days on the Touch Pro? If so and it isn't damaged you can exchange it. You could try and call sprint and see if they will let you swap out but it will depend on how long you have left in your contract and how long you've been a customer. Personally I have to say don't hold your breath on that deal.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

+1 shady. your tenure with sprint will go a long but if you recently became a customer, as posted above don't hold your breath.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

it won't matter to them that the treo is less expensive than the pro?
plus, im already on my second touch pro from them, and im about to send it back and get a third one cause the keyboard has stopped working again..
Old 04-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Iphone 3G
Carrier: AT&T

Lremy22 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Lremy22

it can be done however not thru insurance. You may have to call customer care and just really sweet talk your way into them swapping it out for you (trust me its been done many a times before cough cough wink wink). They will most likely say that they cant do it but they will need to transfer you to a higher dept and so forth and so on it really all depends on how committed you are to getting it done. And what the other guys said about tenure and 30 day stuff is also correct.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailigum View Post
it won't matter to them that the treo is less expensive than the pro?
plus, im already on my second touch pro from them, and im about to send it back and get a third one cause the keyboard has stopped working again..
no it wont matter at all. the treo pro is less expensive on a 2-year upgrade price, but it doesnt mean it costs less for them to buy it. it could be 150 for a 2-year upgrade but if you buy the phone out of contract it costs the same as the touch pro around $600. Get my drift?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

they did it.
i spoke to customer care, they said no, they transferred me to a supervisor, who also said no, who tried transferring me to a manager who wasn't avaliable, then they told me they'd call me back within the hour with someone else to talk to, and when they called back the man said there would be no problem and theyd have the phone shipped to me by tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailigum View Post
they did it.
i spoke to customer care, they said no, they transferred me to a supervisor, who also said no, who tried transferring me to a manager who wasn't avaliable, then they told me they'd call me back within the hour with someone else to talk to, and when they called back the man said there would be no problem and theyd have the phone shipped to me by tomorrow.
keep us posted please.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sure. heres an odd part about it all though;
i've had my touch pro for almost 2 months now, I bought it outright from sprint, $704.59.
A few weeks ago (after i got my touch pro) i was wandering around the mall, happened to walk into best buy mobile and found out I was eligible for an upgrade. now considering ive only have sprint for less than 6 months I found that unusual, but I needed a backup phone so I went along with it. I ended up getting a Palm Centro as an upgrade, which turned out to be free. $0.00. When I called sprint today to try and get a Treo Pro, they were trying to deny me the treo at first by telling me I went behind their back and did some shady deal to get the Centro for free and basically implied that 'I don't deserve the treo beacuse I disrespected them by getting the Centro for free', if you know what I mean. Now I found that to be outrageous considering all I did was go into bbmobile and use what i thought was my avaliable upgrade to get a phone that I was told would be free. They went on to tell me that on top of my 'disrespect' for their service I should not even have 2 phones from them at once (i move my service between tp/centro every now and then when the battery on my touch pro dies or for various other reasons) because it is their policy not to allow such a thing. that seemed odd to me as well. finally she said her superior will call me back.
when he did, he told me that sure he'll warrant the exchange for me, and he'll also send me a packing slip for me to send my Touch Pro back to them, and a few days after that I should reciveve another packing slip because ill have to send my centro back as well, otherwise they'll charge me full price for the centro. Since I need a WM phone that works well for me moreso than I need a centro as well as a Treo I agreed to send my TP and Centro back, but is it me or is there something odd with everything theyre doing here?

EDIT:
also, I just wanted to add that every single issue with my touch pro (keyboard lag/failure, etc) that I tell Sprint about, they deny exists. They say it's not in their 'database of known issues'. It seems that every major issue that people complain about on the forum sprint denies. They say they've never heard of that problem and that they know people who have the same phone and that it works flawlessly blah blah blah etc etc etc. What is going on here? lol its not like the entire forum is lying about these problems, or is there some top-secret scandal goin on here that I don't know about?

Last edited by shailigum; 04-10-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP

xcb5 is a n00b

for some reason, i've had great luck with sprint CS. i always go into the store vs calling. i seem to have a much better experience there. make sure you're going into a corporate store and not a franchise store. the franchise stores, in my experience, are much less likely to be as helpful.

hope it works out for you. keep us posted coz some of the crap they're sayin is ridiculous

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro