PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

donkeythekidd is keeping up the good workdonkeythekidd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MLB Gameday audio on the Touch Pro?

Is it possible to listen to the MLB gameday audio for the PC on the Touch Pro? I know theres the mobile version for $5 a month but if the one for the PC will work its only $15 for all season so I'd rather go with that one. So has anyone tried it and what did you use to get it to work?

Thanks!

On the MLB website it shows $4.99 a month for the mobile audio but when I went to http://m.mlb.com/gda/index.jsp from my phone it was only $2.49 a month so I went ahead and signed up for the mobile version.

Last edited by donkeythekidd; 04-06-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

donkeythekidd is keeping up the good workdonkeythekidd is keeping up the good work
Re: MLB Gameday audio on the Touch Pro?

Bump before the season starts.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeythekidd View Post
Bump before the season starts.
It would seem that the gameday audio feed is encoded on flash, so skyfire should work and opera may work as well...

(from MLB.com)
6. MLB.com Gameday Audio Requirements
MLB.com Gameday Audio works on most browsers with Flash Player 9 (or higher) installed and with Internet connection speed higher than 512 Kbps.
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ccrabbe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjam View Post
It would seem that the gameday audio feed is encoded on flash, so skyfire should work and opera may work as well...

(from MLB.com)
6. MLB.com Gameday Audio Requirements
MLB.com Gameday Audio works on most browsers with Flash Player 9 (or higher) installed and with Internet connection speed higher than 512 Kbps.
I was able to even watch some video feeds with skyfire yesterday, and the audio came through fine on that - so I would assume the regular audio feed would work well, too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks! I'll sign up and give it a try this weekend and let you know how it goes.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeythekidd View Post
Thanks! I'll sign up and give it a try this weekend and let you know how it goes.
yea, i subscribed last month (yea, just couldnt wait till opening day..lol). i heard the yankees-cubs game on wcbs on my fone for 5 innings while at work yesterday...with no cut outs or anything..its like $3/month i think, on mlb.com of course, u can subscribe from ur fone if u want, pc is jus as good... i really like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Here: http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/audio.jsp
It doesn't look like the option is up yet, but it should be there tonight when the season starts.
really?? i listened to john sterling and susan salzman yesterday..then i listened to a yanks-rays game like 2 weeks ago..its been up for the longest

Last edited by skeegcpp; 04-05-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Here: http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/audio.jsp

It doesn't look like the option is up yet, but it should be there tonight when the season starts.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I went ahead and signed up for the mobile version since it was only $2.49 a month. I listened to a game last night but it wasnt as clear as I was hoping it would be.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well, i doubt the device would have anything to do with it....but...the very 1st time i tried it it was a lil choppy...which browser r u using for gameday??? i used IE and that worked fine.

Last edited by skeegcpp; 04-05-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
well, i doubt the device would have anything to do with it....but...the very 1st time i tried it it was a lil choppy...which browser r u using for gameday??? i used IE and that worked fine.
I used opera. It wasnt choppy it sounds muffled and theres a bunch of background noise, high pitch wistle, static. I'll try IE and see if that works better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro