PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

remoc8116 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installing new ROM Question???

Is there a Rom that i can install without flashing my phone??? I am not sure on the flashing process but really want to try Mighty Rom? And and all help appreciated.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:13 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: Installing new ROM Question???

well, the definition of putting a new rom on your phone is flashing it. it's really not difficult to flash it though. i did it for the first time today to my new TP and it was cake. (of course, i flashed my vogue and treo back in the day, but it was a slightly different process)
i see you have a CDMA TP, so follow the directions here and then here
i prefer the sd card method
Old 04-09-2009, 04:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

yeah be sure to read the stickied threads about flashing roms first, its a breeze once you unlock your phone. and everyone here is super supportive for any questions u may have, but you cant install a rom without flashing your phone cuz installing a new rom is flashing it. unlock your phone here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503 first if you want to flash a new rom. just be sure the rom is CDMA and not GSM if ur on sprint
Old 04-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Once you do it once, itll be a breaze, then itll be an addiction my friend. happy flashing.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:21 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazybaz13 View Post
yeah be sure to read the stickied threads about flashing roms first, its a breeze once you unlock your phone. and everyone here is super supportive for any questions u may have, but you cant install a rom without flashing your phone cuz installing a new rom is flashing it. unlock your phone here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503 first if you want to flash a new rom. just be sure the rom is CDMA and not GSM if ur on sprint
the sd card method that i posted seems to be a whole lot easier and less hassle, that's why i prefer it over the PC method
Old 04-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
the sd card method that i posted seems to be a whole lot easier and less hassle, that's why i prefer it over the PC method
I never said it wasnt a good method, i just prefer to have my cabs and roms and all that good stuff on my sd card and pc. but I know what u mean sd card is awesomeness!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

There really is nothing to flashing.

I was scared to death the first time I did it way back when, when you see posts that start "I bricked my phone" it can make you pretty nervous.

The thing is, it's almost impossible to "totally brick" a phone just by flashing if you're careful. Any situation you find yourself in, there is generally a fix for it & somebody here will walk you through it.

Once you see how easy it is, you'll be doing it all the time. I am finally done flashing my TP (I'm running Mighty 4.16/telus radio, everything works perfectly & I have it set up exactly the way I want) but I bet I tried 30 other ROM's first...........

~John
Old 04-09-2009, 07:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

As far as sd card method or USB, that's just a matter of personal preference (both ways work just fine).

I have done it both ways myself & the only time I use the SD card flash is when something is messed up & my LT won't recognize the phone & sd is the only choice.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro