PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 10:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

duvonm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
email issues

i can recieve my email but it will not send. what could be wrong ? it is setup on pop3 and it is on sprint network thank you
Old 04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: email issues

What email provider do you use? Have you verified all of the server settings to make sure they are correct?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
what could be wrong ?
A lot of things could be wrong. You need to provide a lot more information. For example, what error message do you get? Many ISPs won't let you send mail using their SMTP servers when you're not connected to their physical network. Do you use SMTP or SMTP AUTH? Did you enter the username and password correctly? Is this a new problem or something that has never worked?

Is it this?: http://www.windowsfordevices.com/new...35897175.html?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

you have to use sprints outgoing smtp, not your email providers
Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO
Threadstarter

duvonm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post

how do i do that or what is sprints smpt? thank you
Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I beg to differ. I just tested this. Of course it could be that since i run my own web/email server, i have more control. My ISP requires me to use their outgoing mail server, but i use my (main) domain as incoming.

So its setup as:
Incoming - mail.mydomain.com
Outgoing - mail.myisp.net

Users with Earthlink for example, to counter act SPAM use an smtpAUTH with outgoing port 587 instead of the usual SMTP port 25.

If you use Outlook or OutlookExpress, make your settings on the phone match. If you used a wizard to setup your email on your PC, you can still find these settings by going to the Accounts part of Outlook or OE and looking at the incoming/outgoing mail servers.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:44 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you dont necessarily have to use Sprints outgoing or incoming anything. Some Brighthouse accounts wont let you send, something on there end.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 04-08-2009, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

resnor is a n00b

I had the same problem...I had my email working beautifully for like six months, then I stopped being able to send. I just deleted my Roadrunner account from my Pro, and then set it back up, and then everything worked fine.

Just let the phone search for the right settings, and it should set it up for you. I didn't have to setup using Sprint's outgoing server.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Sorry to disagree Dan, but that depends. I have sprint and for my sprint account I use their smtp server but on my other account I use their smtp server, all on the same phone. So I think that would depend on who your service is with. Again sorry to disagree.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 04-08-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPRO2

Quirk is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Quirk

I use Google's SMTP server without any problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro