PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 09:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

workindev is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrade from Copper

I've been using Copper for a few weeks now and have it more or less working to my liking. It looks like now there are quite a few more 6.5 ROMs available. Are there any good reasons to upgrade to one of the new 6.5 ROMs (Mighty 5, Juicy 7, Star, etc) from Copper? What are the major differences?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Upgrade from Copper

As far as the moving file explorer and whatever other programs you want in the start menu, just touch and hold and it will give you a drop down to move to top.. really simple. You can go in sub-folders and do the same thing and actually add links to the start page.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

d-kahn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by workindev View Post
I've been using Copper for a few weeks now and have it more or less working to my liking. It looks like now there are quite a few more 6.5 ROMs available. Are there any good reasons to upgrade to one of the new 6.5 ROMs (Mighty 5, Juicy 7, Star, etc) from Copper? What are the major differences?
I'm using juicy 7 and I have noticed that the battery does not get as hot. If you are a fan of rhodium, it is cooked in so it takes up less storage space.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I liked copper since it had a more fluid feel than the Alpha 6.5 I tried in the past., but I have tried Starrom6.5 with Mobile Shell 3 and that thing blows Copper out the water! tHE ENHANCE MENU IS kik buuuttt!!!!! imo.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

i've pretty much tried every 6.5 rom out there. for me, i'd say copper < juicy7 < mighty5
(i haven't tried the latest juicy 7 incarnation, but if he's fixed the bugs that i found here and there, it would be on par with mighty )
starrom was good, but kind of slow compared to the other three

Last edited by strra; 04-24-2009 at 12:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I would say Juicy7 < Copper < MightyRom5
Reason is that Juicy uses the slightly buggy Rhodium TF3D.
Copper does not have TF3D but is stable and FAST.
MightyRom5 has TF3D and is nice. VERY few bugs, mostly WM6.5 bugs.
On another note...MightyRom4.16 is the most stable ROM i have come across, but it is WM6.1.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:36 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolGuy View Post
I would say Juicy7 < Copper < MightyRom5
Reason is that Juicy uses the slightly buggy Rhodium TF3D.
Copper does not have TF3D but is stable and FAST.
MightyRom5 has TF3D and is nice. VERY few bugs, mostly WM6.5 bugs.
On another note...MightyRom4.16 is the most stable ROM i have come across, but it is WM6.1.
i put juicy above copper because i don't use touchflo whatsoever... so whether it's tf2 or not, it's all the same to me
Old 04-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I liked copper since it had a more fluid feel than the Alpha 6.5 I tried in the past., but I have tried Starrom6.5 with Mobile Shell 3 and that thing blows Copper out the water! tHE ENHANCE MENU IS kik buuuttt!!!!! imo.
Have you tried rstoyguy's MS3 rom? He has the rom based around MS3.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=rstoyguy+roms
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro