PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Tuffgong4 is keeping up the good workTuffgong4 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Themes, icons, taskbar questions

Sprint Touch Pro user here.

I wanted to test out some themes, icons and taskbar changes but I've run into a few problems.

I installed the SprintFlip Clock and started to find a theme. All this with TF3D config installed as well. I found two different formats of themes (cabs, files).

The cab I used worked fine. The majority of themes I found weren't cabs. How can I do a mass backup of all my stock files prior to themeing so I can revert back if I don't like it? Also is there a way to do an image (like with a pc) of my current set up so that if things go crazy I could flash back to it and back to my current state?

Taskbars. I installed a new taskbar but it was for a GSM taskbar...any good high res Sprint CDMA taskbars out there?

With TF3D config installed could I just find a theme and create a folder on my sd card where the themes are located and go from there? I found a dirty paper them I want to use but the folder is filled with a ton of manilla files but I'm more worried about reverting back if it doesn't work.

I've been looking through the forums but can't find an all encompassing thread that goes over all the different theme types, taskbars and for a safe revert back stock if things don't go well.

Thanks in advance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: World HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

silentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to silentjoker
Re: Themes, icons, taskbar questions

you can try the spritebackup proram. I havent not used it ever but loaded it once and it seemns like it does that job.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have that installed and am going to try it out...thanks!

Now I just need to have the other questions answered and I'm going to really start getting deeper into this touch pro. Being a newbie is tough.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

This would be a great thread for the general forum, not the upgrade forum. Upgrade forum deals with ROM's and development.

You can always get back to stock by running "clear storage." ALWAYS. AS long as you are running the stock ROM ;c)

The best way to learn is to do....

If you see something you like try it. If it doesn fit your needs uninstall it and go on to next. When you get all the apps that you like installed and the ones you dont remvoved, hard resert, install again and then back up.

Being a newb is tough, ai agree, but using search and stickies is not. You need to search these questions out. There is an answer to every siungle one of them. Mostly in the stickies. Did you look there first? Im gonna guess no because alot of your questiosn would have been answerd there already.

Just because you are newb doesnt mean the rest of us are ;c) Search and see what others have asked before you and I can garantee you are not asking a unique question.

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 02-23-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 02-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I had been searching and going through thread after thread. Looking through threads with 100+ pages was tough especially when it seemed as if everyone already knew how to do most of the stuff. Me not knowing anything was hard to follow the threads without any knowledge at all.

Thanks for the help and I will keep digging.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

to change taskbar, use page one for info. and cabs. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514 for themes, make a folder on sd card called themes and drop them in there then find them using tf3d config. for screen shots, use mymobiler. http://www.mymobiler.com/

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 02-23-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

roy8830 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
This would be a great thread for the general forum, not the upgrade forum. Upgrade forum deals with ROM's and development.

You can always get back to stock by running "clear storage." ALWAYS. AS long as you are running the stock ROM ;c)

The best way to learn is to do....

If you see something you like try it. If it doesn fit your needs uninstall it and go on to next. When you get all the apps that you like installed and the ones you dont remvoved, hard resert, install again and then back up.

Being a newb is tough, ai agree, but using search and stickies is not. You need to search these questions out. There is an answer to every siungle one of them. Mostly in the stickies. Did you look there first? Im gonna guess no because alot of your questiosn would have been answerd there already.

Just because you are newb doesnt mean the rest of us are ;c) Search and see what others have asked before you and I can garantee you are not asking a unique question.
While you're right and there are threads that deal with things, a total newbie doesn't know how to do many of the things and lots of these threads don't do a step by step. Explain that instead of where to post! I'm glad I found someone to walk me through this kind of stuff instead of giving me grief...
Old 04-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Also, using TF3D config you have the option to reset to default. Basically this deletes your manila files and when you reboot the ROM resets the stock files so you're back to go....

I use SPB backup to backup before major changes. I use Total Commander to gather my _manila files from my windows directory, zip them up and move them to storage card for save keeping/reloading one of my own creations.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro