PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

klbjr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Caller ID Problem

All of a sudden my Sprint Touch Pro (Stock ROM) won't recognize any of my stored contacts. Whenever I get a call or text from someone in my contacts list all I get is a phone number, no name or picture. Even after I re-save the "new number" to my list again, it still won't give me a name. Really getting annoyed because I only have a few numbers memorized so I have to keep asking who this is or ignore the call & check it against my list. Have tried numerous soft-resets and a couple of hard-resets but it still won't work. Really not trying to take it to Sprint repair store because they are making you jump through rings of fire now to get the more expensive phones fixed or replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Pro Caller ID Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
All of a sudden my Sprint Touch Pro (Stock ROM) won't recognize any of my stored contacts. Whenever I get a call or text from someone in my contacts list all I get is a phone number, no name or picture. Even after I re-save the "new number" to my list again, it still won't give me a name. Really getting annoyed because I only have a few numbers memorized so I have to keep asking who this is or ignore the call & check it against my list. Have tried numerous soft-resets and a couple of hard-resets but it still won't work. Really not trying to take it to Sprint repair store because they are making you jump through rings of fire now to get the more expensive phones fixed or replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you happen to backup your contacts before using PIM backup i.e? and since a hard-reset didn't help see if you replace the sd card and try it again. If that doesn't help then you can either bring it to the store 9 (i know its a nightmare but you might get lucky like i did ) or unlock your phone and try a custom ROM. Hope this helps

Start here

TK

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

klbjr is a n00b

Yes I back up my phone at least once a month using Sprite backup. PIM Backup never seemed to work properly for me on the Touch pro nor my Mogul. Never really treied out any custom ROMS, I'm pretty happy with the Sprint ROM. Guess I'll be paying Sprint a visit soon. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yes I back up my phone at least once a month using Sprite backup. PIM Backup never seemed to work properly for me on the Touch pro nor my Mogul. Never really treied out any custom ROMS, I'm pretty happy with the Sprint ROM. Guess I'll be paying Sprint a visit soon. Thanks!

You're welcome!

Glad to help in some way
Old 05-13-2009, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

Research this some more, try a Google search for Sprint no Caller ID.

I just had a caller ID issue with my phones, and although mine turned out to be a problem on Sprints end there was a thread somewhere that talked about a registry setting that determines how many characters it takes for it to recognize a phone number in the contacts list.

Sorry I cant be of more help, and I dont know why it would all of a suddent start doing this (and a hard reset not fix it) but maybe you can sort it out without taking your phone to the store.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Helloooooo what about Active Sync? Dont you use that? I plug my phone at the very least once a day, and all my contacts are backed up....
Old 05-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

klbjr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Helloooooo what about Active Sync? Dont you use that? I plug my phone at the very least once a day, and all my contacts are backed up....
No I actually hate Active Sync, Outlook and most MS programs. Only use Active Sync because it is a neccesity when doing some things with phone. Plus I like being able to backup my phone without the need of a computer. Anyway, the problem is not my contacts list. I have access to all of my numbers, it's that my phone no longer recognizes that the numbers that I receive are the same numbers saved in my contacts list.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

My phone does but only for about 2 seconds and then recognizes the number and displays correctly. i have alltel though so i dont know if that matters.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
No I actually hate Active Sync, Outlook and most MS programs. Only use Active Sync because it is a neccesity when doing some things with phone. Plus I like being able to backup my phone without the need of a computer. Anyway, the problem is not my contacts list. I have access to all of my numbers, it's that my phone no longer recognizes that the numbers that I receive are the same numbers saved in my contacts list.

Another thing you can do is install a lock screen program like S2U2, pocket shield ETC and see if that fixes the problem. I personally use pocket shield because is better on the battery then S2U2. Try it out.

TK
Old 05-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have seen my phone do this once or twice. It usually happens when I am trying to send a text or something that uses data at the same time.

Have you tried disabling everything but the cell radio to see if there is a conflict? If that is the case, it sounds like something that needs to be addressed by Sprint.

Also, just as a test, have you tried deleting a contact and re-saving that contact to see if that has any effect? It could be an issue with your contacts, especially if you are restoring them after a backup.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro