PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Question Will installing any of the ROMs mess my phone up if I already have things installed?

Hey, I've been wanting to change so much stuff with my HTC Touch Pro, but it seems a lot of the cool stuff lies within making ROMs.

I downloaded Total Command (all i did was switch my tab names) and advanced config (hoping to get rid of certain tabs and witch them around...couldnt do it)

Anyways, I was wondering if downloading certain ROMs like Mighty, KK, or any other one would really mess my phone up. I have the transparent flip clock installed, fonts, different keyboards and dialer skins. I'm afraid if I do instal these ROMs, it'll overwrite (or worse, try to and not succed, and mess my phone up) and I'll have to restore back to factory and lose all my numbers and such.

Any help?
Old 04-03-2009, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Re: Will installing any of the ROMs mess my phone up if I already have things install

any changes you have made / customizations will be lost, flashing restores back to a stock rom, but in this case you are also replacing the stock rom with a customized rom.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Will installing any of the ROMs mess my phone up if I already have things install

if your flashing any rom, absolutely everything will be whiped out. though you have some custome maned tabs you can make a backup of the Manilla file and restore it once you have flahsed the new rom! You can get an aplication like Sashimi and you can backup reg files, Root files, Programs, and even provision your email accounts.

do some reading on Sashimi, I think you will save time when flashing.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

cant pim backup help
Old 04-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Laying low in smoke

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoss_11 View Post
cant pim backup help
Sure, if you use the Custom option. the only difference is that Sashimi will install all the progrmas.cab's that you want and it is easy and fast.

you can also do a UC config but that takes a little more time to set up!!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:47 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
if your flashing any rom, absolutely everything will be whiped out. though you have some custome maned tabs you can make a backup of the Manilla file and restore it once you have flahsed the new rom! You can get an aplication like Sashimi and you can backup reg files, Root files, Programs, and even provision your email accounts.

do some reading on Sashimi, I think you will save time when flashing.
Quote:
Sure, if you use the Custom option. the only difference is that Sashimi will install all the progrmas.cab's that you want and it is easy and fast.

you can also do a UC config but that takes a little more time to set up!!
Also, there's a thread about this going on RIGHT NOW!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63396

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 04-03-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Laying low in smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
To both of you, there's a thread about this going on RIGHT NOW!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63396

I was just about to quote you on this very thread!! Thanx!!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:54 PM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
I was just about to quote you on this very thread!! Thanx!!
And I just read my post and saw that it was you in both of the quotes, whoops :P Making a little edit...
Old 04-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

My phone is flashed to metro with net and mms working..will I have to redo the net and mms settings or will they stay?
Old 04-03-2009, 04:55 PM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
My phone is flashed to metro with net and mms working..will I have to redo the net and mms settings or will they stay?
MMS settings at the very least will have to be re-done. I'm not sure what all is involved in the reflash to MetroPCS but that should still be fine (I'm assuming that changed the PRL/PRI etc).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro