PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone using ePocrates on Touch Pro without problems? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63878)

mstevens 04-06-2009 05:10 PM

Anyone using ePocrates on Touch Pro without problems?

I just got my Touch Pro and installed my sine qua non app, ePocrates (OTA). It appears to run fine as long as I don't install MobileCME. Once I install that, all sorts of problems occur, from DocAlerts crashing to sync failures. MobileCME fails to load/run.

This is a stock Sprint ROM (Feb 19 09 build) with nothing else installed after a hard reset (but allowing the Sprint customizations to run).

I haven't heard back yet from ePocrates support.

Any thoughts?

studentjunk 04-06-2009 07:16 PM

Re: Anyone using ePocrates on Touch Pro without problems?

I use sprint stock most of the time. I tried mighty rom for a week, but it didn't have clearvue, and I haven't figured out how to turn that into a cab to transfer over. In any case, I haven't had problems with epocrates. I only use it for the medication database though. I don't use mobile cme or any of the other applications. I install it OTA with every flash (automatically). Hope this helps.

taruky 04-17-2009 09:28 AM

I am not having any problems with mobile CME, either with the stock ROM or with Mighty Rom. The only odd thing that happens is that I get a false message "not enough memory, some applications may not install" when I sync. But it syncs just fine. Are you installing on the device or storeage card?

mstevens 04-17-2009 06:35 PM

I should have updated this a while ago...

I contacted ePocrates support and after a couple of days they got back to me and said this was a known issue and their engineers expected a fix that day. A few hours later I got an email saying I should AutoUpdate, and voila! everything worked and has continued to do so.

To answer taruky's question, on my TP I install everything to the device. The phone has ample on-board RAM for this, and without ePocrates there's really no need for me to carry the thing around anyway. On my Mogul I installed to device memory but had all the databases on the storage card.

twmark 04-19-2009 07:24 PM

Uggghhh! I just unlocked my Sprint HTC touch pro and Flashed the ROM to Mighty ROM and I love it but Epocrates is no longer compatible. Any helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

twmark 04-19-2009 07:33 PM

OK. For some reason it didn't work using Opera but worked using Internet Explorer (?). Anyway it seems to be working now.

echostormfury 05-12-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twmark (Post 860511)
Uggghhh! I just unlocked my Sprint HTC touch pro and Flashed the ROM to Mighty ROM and I love it but Epocrates is no longer compatible. Any helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Craps, I am in the same boat -- does yours just hang on Autoupdate and not do anything?

studentjunk 05-14-2009 01:48 PM

This worked for me to get epocrates running on wm6.5:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...37&postcount=9

twmark 05-15-2009 10:22 PM

I had to flash back to Mighty 4.16 and epocrates started to work again. I don't think it's compatible with Mighty 5.0

mstevens 05-15-2009 10:42 PM

Yeah, I've had ePocrates AutoUpdate hang in every 6.5 ROM I've used. I think I'll wait until there are official 6.5 devices out and push ePocrates to fix the probelm - they're pretty good about such fixes, actually.

For now, I'm using MightyROM 4/R3BORN. It's been extremely stable and faster with better battery life than stock. There are a few tiny glitches, such as menu failures in Total Commander, but these are minor problems.