PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PFCRadio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Very Weird Email Problem That I Need Help With

I have had the HTC Touch Pro for a few weeks now and just recently I havent been able to log onto any of my emails I check my account to see why and both of my passwords are way to long, I guess it doubles so I fix it and click save and try to send/receive again and same problem. It keeps autowriting a longer password then I typed in both on my yahoo and my comcast. So I delete both accounts and try to set them both up again and same problems. What is going on here??
Old 04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Very Weird Email Problem That I Need Help With

By default it will show passwords as a bunch of *****. Then number of * do not indicate the number of characters in your password. It is just a mask.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tbot is a n00b

^^what he said.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

PFCRadio is a n00b

No the problem is I go to my account options and see the password and know that its twice as long as it should be. So I erase it all and put it the correct email save password and click next. I then click previous to make sure it saved and it goes back to the long password again. I made sure it was wrong by just leaving it as is and I couldnt sign it because of it.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, Touch Pro, Diamond
Carrier: Verialltel

seanborn1979 is keeping up the good workseanborn1979 is keeping up the good workseanborn1979 is keeping up the good work

Do not erase the password. Setup your email the way you normally would. After it is all setup open your inbox and select send and receive from the menu. Don't change screens or start doing anything else. Just let it do it's thing and after it receives all of your messages from then on it will work flawlessly.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

PFCRadio is a n00b

I keep doing send and receive and it keeps saying could not log in and I presume its because of the password issue.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:45 PM
VIP Member

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you are typing in the correct password, then you've got some other setting in there incorrectly set up. Verify you are using the correct server information, whether or not your outgoing server requires authentication, and whether or not SSL is required.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

PFCRadio is a n00b

Everything is legit but the password problem. It says a different password that I save which is very weird.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, Touch Pro, Diamond
Carrier: Verialltel

seanborn1979 is keeping up the good workseanborn1979 is keeping up the good workseanborn1979 is keeping up the good work

who is your email client?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFCRadio View Post
Everything is legit but the password problem. It says a different password that I save which is very weird.
What do you mean it says a different password than you save? Isn't it masked by *'s?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro