PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Forcing EVDO (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63865)

sfld 04-06-2009 02:53 PM

Forcing EVDO

Im on the newest mightyrom, and i edited the registry to allow me to get to "mode of operation"

however when i switch from hybrid to EVDO only, it doesnt switch to evdo? It just stays as if its trying to grab a signal?

the problem is my phone randomly switches to 1x while tethering in a evdo area, then it wont switch back.

In previous mighy roms i had no problem, maybe i need a newer radio?

gsvnet 04-06-2009 03:12 PM

Re: Forcing EVDO

How long do you wait? If you're on EVDO only, perhaps it's just failing to get EVDO and since you've restricted it, it won't fail-back to 1X. My best guess, anyway.

sfld 04-06-2009 03:17 PM

Well if im surfing on my phone, or its just sitting its on evdo all day.

Once i tether, it will goto 1x after about 15 minutes or so.

Once i disconnect the tether, it will go back to EVDO.

previously i was able to switch it from hybrid to EVDO only, and then tether it was working how it was supposed to

zeurx 04-06-2009 06:50 PM

edit [hklm\software\oem\phonesettings\] then look for a hidden mode of operations and set it to 0. this will allow you to change the radio in the phone settings

sfld 04-08-2009 02:53 PM

i am able to change the setting from hybrid to EVDO

but when i switch it to evdo, it isnt kicking over, it just stays trying to grab signal

zeurx 04-08-2009 07:06 PM

this is really weird... try dialing ##778# click edit, if your alltel the code is 000000, goto Modem Settings and set Preferred Mode to ?hdr only? i think...

kevm14 05-03-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfld (Post 828362)
Well if im surfing on my phone, or its just sitting its on evdo all day.

Once i tether, it will goto 1x after about 15 minutes or so.

Once i disconnect the tether, it will go back to EVDO.

previously i was able to switch it from hybrid to EVDO only, and then tether it was working how it was supposed to

My phone on the stock rom and Telus 1.04.05 radio does this, too, but it's not consistent. Weird.

moovius 05-03-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevm14 (Post 892306)
My phone on the stock rom and Telus 1.04.05 radio does this, too, but it's not consistent. Weird.

When I have my phone tethered (Internet Sharing) and in Hybrid Mode, it will sometimes switch to 1x and stay there (for whatever reason). If at this point I switch it to EVDO ONLY it will sit there seeking a signal forever and never be successful. It's like the phone has suddenly gone retarded.

Solution: I have my phone setup with an easy to access short cut to Comm Manager. When this hiccup occurs I just pop into Comm Manager and turn off the radio for half a second and then flip it on again. Then I'm good to go and it's back in EVDO mode (and it stays that way since I have it in EVDO Only mode).

I'm using the Sceptre rom and I'm finding that this phenomenon happens with less frequency now (I had tried several versions of MightyRom previously with weird lockups and other issues). For whatever reason my phone is running far better with less lag using this rom, it doesn't use Touch Flo 3D, which I grew tired of since it's all flash and no function. It uses Point UI which is configurable and very functional for my needs.