PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Damaged screen protecter (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63848)

pow3rhouse 04-06-2009 12:22 PM

Damaged screen protecter

I had a bottle cap in the same pocket as my touch pro which gouged the hell out of the plastic covering the LCD. It looks like this plastic is just a sticker and can easily be replaced.

Has anyone found a source for replacements?

Thanks,

studentjunk 04-06-2009 01:40 PM

Re: Damaged screen protecter

I am planning on using boxwave's protector when I get tired of the stock one. I have used them on previous phones and really like them. You could also get some from radioshack or a sprint store, I imagine.

teazer 04-06-2009 02:01 PM

I'm using invisishield from Zagg. Very happy with it. You can pick one up at Best Buy or purchase direct for half the cost.

zagg.com/invisibleshield/htc-fuze-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

pow3rhouse 04-06-2009 02:16 PM

I must not have explained the issue well enough. I didn't damage those really thin screen protectors. I damaged the stock lcd protector that came with the phone, the one that says Verizon or sprint on it. I can pry it off and replace it if I had another one.

jye75 04-06-2009 03:47 PM

You mean the touch-screen itself?

mwalt2 04-06-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rhouse (Post 828220)
I must not have explained the issue well enough. I didn't damage those really thin screen protectors. I damaged the stock lcd protector that came with the phone, the one that says Verizon or sprint on it. I can pry it off and replace it if I had another one.

If you scratched the screen itself, you'll need something like this. That one is for the Diamond - which looks like it may not be compatible. Maybe you can find one on Ebay for the TP.

havox22 04-06-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rhouse (Post 827903)
I had a bottle cap in the same pocket as my touch pro which gouged the hell out of the plastic covering the LCD. It looks like this plastic is just a sticker and can easily be replaced.

Has anyone found a source for replacements?

Thanks,

ebay just bought a pack of 4 for $5 cuz nobody else be bidding on them:mrgreen:
there was a pack of 4 for $3.20 i could have got but i went with the anti-glare non finger print leaving 1s

gimme5 04-06-2009 03:58 PM

Yeah, you damaged the screen, not the screen protector. If it were me, I'd take it to the sprint repair store and see what they say.

P.S. $16?? I didn't know digitizers were so cheap!

pow3rhouse 04-06-2009 04:27 PM

Cool, thanks guys