PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 10:05 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My touch pro mod - L.E.Ds

Very nice. Please write up some instructions!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Holy MOTHER****ING ****!

OMG OMG OMG OMG! That is SO COOL!!

You HAVE to post pics! PLEASE! And the exact type of LED's you used, how you soldered them, INFO!

How did you access the front panel? Do I have to disassemble?

I'm gonna do the green/red phone buttons and a blue ring!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2
Carrier: Sprint

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

I bet thats pretty trippy at 6am on a saturday morning when someone calls you when your hung over!

Very nice mod though. Some strobes would be amazing! lol

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Old 04-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

bigshady is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigshady is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigshady is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigshady is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks everyone. I can't really show you how to do it. I can tell you what you need.

Soldering iron 15-20 Watt with fine tip
Solder
0603 size SMT L.E.D
And Skills

I don't recommend anyone to do this unless you have done this before or have done other really small soldering. It is extremely easy to break the contact on the board and never get it back.

Heres the board with the orignal l.e.ds on it. I dont have a pic with the new , but it looks the same pretty much.

Last edited by bigshady; 04-05-2009 at 10:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah, how about I send you my Diamond and you do it for me?

I <3 Android
Old 04-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

nice mod...but...you're just making lots of us jealous....

I can see people cursing themselves trying to do this and f-ing up their TPs...
Old 04-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hehe, yeah, I actually have experience building boards for microprocessor applications and robot building and would not try this on my phone. I'm just not there yet where I can go crazy on such an expensive piece of equipment.

Looks nice though, good job.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Ok, I know how to solder, but how did you manage THAT? What type of solder did you use? Or did you just use the same solder that was already on the board? and how much space is between the contacts for each LED?

Plus, are their any warranty stickers that need to be broken?
Old 04-05-2009, 10:40 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wow thats nice. i like it

Old 04-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

LOL I was sort of wondering that too. Politeness won out.

A soldering iron with a small tip, and more than "Skills", I'd say...I think m4d sk1llz is more like it (and at my age, getting me to write something like that means a lot).

I think you should bring it to a Sprint store and complain that your LEDs have started acting funny and see what happens.

Last edited by haus; 04-05-2009 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Removed apostrophe. Too much wine already. Sheesh.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro