PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My touch pro mod - L.E.Ds

I wouldnt mind doing this as this is what I used to do all day... Well actually I was mainly doing board repair, modifications ect. Swapping 0603 leds CAKE...

Just thought I would throw out there Anyone that wants to send me the board and LEDs I wouldnt mind doing this for a few $$$.. I checked my stock of LEDs and all I have is larger 1206 Green LEDs unfortunetly... Lots of 1% 0402 resistors though LOL...

Piece of cake.. I would highly recommend anyone doing this use ROHS solder as thats what all these devices are using Unfortunetly..

Mine would be done but I really dont feel like taking apart my Pro Or my diamond unless I had a spare to tinker with first.

James
Old 04-09-2009, 08:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

wow - great work - Markers seem a lot easier to me. I know I would jack up my phone trying to replace leds. I'm on my 3rd TP so prob gonna hold off a while and see if this one will last.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Once you crack it open. Theres 2 ribbons, a yellow one that looks like its the usb power ribbon and a thicker black ribbon. Are these 2 ribbons suppose to pull up or pull side ways?
Old 04-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Forget it.. they pull up.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Forget it.. they pull up.
Yup, all of them pull up. Just be careful and pull one side up a bit, then the other side up a bit until it's removed. You don't want to pull one side up only because you could break the contacts
Old 04-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Yup, all of them pull up. Just be careful and pull one side up a bit, then the other side up a bit until it's removed. You don't want to pull one side up only because you could break the contacts

Ya.. you have to be very gingerly with it. Edge at a time really. I just finished stripping the whole thing! One question for those who have gone far beyond this stage. I am holding the LCD screen but its still attached to the front housing. How does it detach completely? Does it pull out forward or inward?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Ya.. you have to be very gingerly with it. Edge at a time really. I just finished stripping the whole thing! One question for those who have gone far beyond this stage. I am holding the LCD screen but its still attached to the front housing. How does it detach completely? Does it pull out forward or inward?
Take a picture of where you're at and I'll tell you what you need to do. The actual screen shouldn't come out, just the top sliding part of the phone.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned User

It would be nice to get a answer ASAP! Not to be pushy but I have every screwed removed possible from this ppc but I cant see where or how the screen totaly seperates from the fromt housing.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
k./..... let my take a pic and upload it.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Banned User

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro