PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS

DEFAULTx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Navigation free a few days a month?!

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but ever since I purchased my phone on November 1st it seems that Sprint Navigation works for a few days at the beginning of the month for free then all of a sudden starts prompting me to buy. I have an unlimited data plan not a SERO plan. I know there's been discussions about whether the service is free for SERO plans but it just seems odd to me that it'd work for a few days & then stop. So far I've noticed that it works at the beginning of the month then stops. I'm keeping tabs on it this month & it's on it's 5th day. I really like the app although having a VGA version would be better but I also use Live Search & Google Maps. I wonder if there's something that changes on my phone to make it work for free then stop.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Sprint Navigation free a few days a month?!

check out this site and download the latest version

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatch View Post
http://www.nextel.com/en/services/gp...vigation.shtml

also you can just go to http://gospv.com/nav via your elegant TP and just download it from there. The link i provided will just send a txt to your phone saying to go there. Hope you have the same success that i did.
heres the thread i got it from make sure to thank Blackwatch if it helps you.
http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/n...reply&p=532235
Old 04-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFAULTx View Post
Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but ever since I purchased my phone on November 1st it seems that Sprint Navigation works for a few days at the beginning of the month for free then all of a sudden starts prompting me to buy. I have an unlimited data plan not a SERO plan. I know there's been discussions about whether the service is free for SERO plans but it just seems odd to me that it'd work for a few days & then stop. So far I've noticed that it works at the beginning of the month then stops. I'm keeping tabs on it this month & it's on it's 5th day. I really like the app although having a VGA version would be better but I also use Live Search & Google Maps. I wonder if there's something that changes on my phone to make it work for free then stop.
Have you called Sprint about Nav, also I do not have link but start Live Search and there is a new VGA version that will download from app larger Icons
Old 04-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MOGUL USERZ is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFAULTx View Post
You are not alone, Sprints tele nav was working the same way on my Mogul like that and still works like that on my Touch Pro as well. Thank God its been free to use when I have really needed it. I have Amaze Gps which is free and also have voice direction, you might want to check that out. I also have Google maps and Live search, but this particular day Amaze froze on me and Live search could not find my address request. I clicked on Tele Nav and was there within five to ten minutes. Im thinking about adding it.=D>
Old 04-22-2009, 07:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS
Threadstarter

DEFAULTx is a n00b

Forgot to post an update to this. The app stopped working for free on the 10th of the month. So far it's still prompting me to purchase so I'll test it again once the 1st of the month comes around. I guess I'll be fine unless I decide to get lost after the 10th. LOL
Old 04-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

My recommendation is to see if your company (friends and family shoudl be good too) is part of the employee discount plan. That includes free navi... and I use it all the time.

U'll be surprised to find out how many companies get discounts with Sprint.

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 04-23-2009, 02:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mmahal is a n00b

I could not really make out what your SERO Plan is but the regular unlimited data plan includes Nav.
Here's the fix for you Nav not working, Hard reset your device. And then put in your info that you signed up for TeleNav with initially
I was told to do this on a Touch Pro by a Sprint Tech Support Rep, and it worked like a charm after doing the hard reset, of course backup anything you don't want to lose.
I had taken it to the sprint store the employees there had no clue and even the repair store couldn't do anything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro