PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   what the heck is wrong with my tp? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63735)

theevilmonkee 04-05-2009 02:25 PM

what the heck is wrong with my tp?

Okay, so my TouchPro has been acting really weird within the past week and I'm not quite sure why.

Here are some issues of the top of my head:

*When I click the "sleep" button, the screen turns black instead of actually turning off. I can tell the back-light is still on, burning battery.

*Sometimes when I turn the device off from asleep, then the screen will look all "static" for a few seconds. It's hard to explain.:???:

*When I punch in a number that is not in my contacts and click the phone key, then nothing happens.

*Everything seems a lot less responsive and more unstable.

What is wrong with my TP then??

I even removed Fring and TouchResponse thinking that it may have been one of their faults, but apparently they had nothing to do with it because nothing has changed.

The two things that just MAY be the issue are:

*I used this MOTO-Q car charger which was sorta bent on a car trip and it may have done something to the device?

*I had taken the cover off the device one day and noticed a circular sticker there. I removed it revealing that it was protecting the inner "guts" of the device. I didn't remove anymore stickers realizing what they were for.

So does anyone have any idea what's wrong with my device, and what I could possibly do to fix it? This is REALLY annoying.

Thanks so much in advance.

razorloves 04-05-2009 02:29 PM

Re: what the heck is wrong with my tp?

looks like it's time for a hard reset.

darren.wlsn1 04-05-2009 02:30 PM

i would backup and hardreset. if you did nothing new and this is going on and hardreset dont fix it, off to the store.

desairs 04-05-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theevilmonkee (Post 825487)
Okay, so my TouchPro has been acting really weird within the past week and I'm not quite sure why.

Here are some issues of the top of my head:

*When I click the "sleep" button, the screen turns black instead of actually turning off. I can tell the back-light is still on, burning battery.

*Sometimes when I turn the device off from asleep, then the screen will look all "static" for a few seconds. It's hard to explain.:???:

*When I punch in a number that is not in my contacts and click the phone key, then nothing happens.

*Everything seems a lot less responsive and more unstable.

What is wrong with my TP then??

I even removed Fring and TouchResponse thinking that it may have been one of their faults, but apparently they had nothing to do with it because nothing has changed.

The two things that just MAY be the issue are:

*I used this MOTO-Q car charger which was sorta bent on a car trip and it may have done something to the device?

*I had taken the cover off the device one day and noticed a circular sticker there. I removed it revealing that it was protecting the inner "guts" of the device. I didn't remove anymore stickers realizing what they were for.

So does anyone have any idea what's wrong with my device, and what I could possibly do to fix it? This is REALLY annoying.

Thanks so much in advance.

Honestly, if it were me, I would definitely back up all my contacts and other data and then try a hard reset. Once you do this see if the problems are still happening. If they aren't then install one program at a time and then you can figure out which app is doing it. The hard reset is as follows:

power button, vol down, the center d-pad button, reset all at the same time.

Good Luck!

desairs 04-05-2009 02:31 PM

I guess you already got your answer lol.

darren.wlsn1 04-05-2009 02:55 PM

the clear storage hardreset is way easyer imo.