PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Extract CAB from EXE without activesync?

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
yes, it does it on the phone. I made it into a .cab. Did you want the .exe instead?

Just tap and hold the item you want to extract, it will give you a dropdown with the option to extract and to choose a location to extract to.
no thank you a cab is just fine

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 04-05-2009, 03:53 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Here is another app. you could try. This was a small app. put together for this purpose. Convert .exe to .cab.
Attached Files
File Type: zip execab.zip (25.3 KB, 76 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

but winrar(dont think its free) allows u to extract files on the desktop

santod..i thanked u for that cab.....
Old 04-05-2009, 05:53 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

No problem, let me know how it works for you, anyone that uses it.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Q --> HTC TP --> HTC TP2 --> HTC EVO

tjhooker74 is just getting started

I sometimes just email the cab file to my email address then I save it on my storage card. No activesync required.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Use uniextractor. It adds a right-click option on any .exe file. Its what i use.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Threadstarter

selytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, I ended up running a procmon on a computer with admin rights and finding the tricky directory the program was sending cabs to.
Thanks everybody for responses!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Was found on: http://blogs.technet.com/vik/archive...r-sd-card.aspx
A lot of times you want to be able to install all your applications directly from you SD card, but most applications don't make that easy. Most of the time all you get from the application vendor is the PC installer. To get the CAB file you can normally do the following:

Most applications make it easy to find the .cab file you need for a direct install on your pocket PC. They are usually located on your desktop PC in the following folders:
  • C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\AppName
  • C:\Program Files\AppName
  • C:\AppName
In most cases you can just copy and paste the cab file into to your storage card.
The trickier installation routines delete the CAB file after the installation, however the only way to install a program is through a .cab (or to copy an .exe) so every installer has to leave the .cab file on your harddrive for a small portion of time. For those installers here are the steps to getting the files:
  1. Connect your device
  2. Run the install for the program, click the appropriate yes's until,
  3. The Activesync message box for "install to default location" comes up--at this point don't click anything, let it sit
  4. Use the windows search or find feature(depending on what version of windows you are using) and search your local drives (including hidden and system folders) for *.cab it helps if you have an idea what the file name might be, or the date of the file, or what the temporary subdirectory it might be placed in is called, regardless that search will list all of the .cab files on your machine at that time.
  5. Copy and paste the .cab to your favorite storage location.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:42 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'd like to suggest 7Zip, I used to be a firm believer in WinRAR until I found this jewel called 7Zip, it will uncompress non compressed files it's so powerful!!!
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro