PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700

wingingman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tried many times, but failed

I was trying to upgrade my sprint htc touch pro from wm 6.1 to wm 6.5.

After click the ROMUpdateUtility, the phone will reboot.

The progressing bar will show after a few more steps. But progress freeze at 0%.

Can anyone help me to identify the issue?

Thanks a million.

WM
Old 04-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

decibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Tried many times, but failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingingman View Post
I was trying to upgrade my sprint htc touch pro from wm 6.1 to wm 6.5.

After click the ROMUpdateUtility, the phone will reboot.

The progressing bar will show after a few more steps. But progress freeze at 0%.

Can anyone help me to identify the issue?

Thanks a million.

WM
Have you unlocked your device yet? This is the first step!

See here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266
Accepting Donations - If you like my work, please donate! All Donations go to saving the world, uhhh.. and other things. Specifically to development of ROMs. I will share proceeds with all who have contributed. I am cool like that.

dB_ROM: [05.14.09] dB_ROM WM 6.5 21501,21502,21222,21231 ROM/Kitchen TouchPro [Multi-ROMs]
XDA Thread: Click Here
PPCG Thread: Click Here
sMMS: Click Here
Old 04-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try flashing from the Sd card if u already unlocked it

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 04-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

these are if your phone is sprint on sprint network:
unlock http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35839
make sure you pick the correct rom - if its sprint you need CDMA not GSM (search here)
try with windows XP machine if above didnt help

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 04-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wingingman is a n00b

Thank you all for the reply. I did miss the unlock part.
I am going to try the unlock first and update here later.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wingingman is a n00b

Hello, I tried but it doesn't work with the unlock.

ERROR [260]: CONNECTION

The updated utility cannot connect to you PDA phone. Please check that your USB cradle/cable is connected properly between the PC and your PDA phone.

The phone can sync with my laptop (window xp), just can not update after reboot.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

decibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

The updated utility cannot connect to you PDA phone. Please check that your USB cradle/cable is connected properly between the PC and your PDA phone.

The phone can sync with my laptop (window xp), just can not update after reboot.
There is a separate driver being installed after reboot of the device. Once the device goes into bootloader mode, Windows has to install a different driver. Force your phone into bootloader, plug in your usb cable and go to device manager to make sure the driver is being installed.

To get into bootloader: Hold Down the Power button, Volume DOWN button and push the stylus into the reset hole. Release the power and down buttons when the screen gets to the tricolor bootloader screen.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:

If what decibel suggests doesn't work, then try this.
On your phone go to "Settings" - "Connections" - "USBtoPC" and turn "Advanced Network" under ActiveSync off. good luck.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
If what decibel suggests doesn't work, then try this.
On your phone go to "Settings" - "Connections" - "USBtoPC" and turn "Advanced Network" under ActiveSync off. good luck.
That would only work if the phone was in Windows. If its in bootloader, that setting won't make a diff. It's usually easier to just run RUU while the phone is already in Bootloader anyway.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibel View Post
That would only work if the phone was in Windows. If its in bootloader, that setting won't make a diff. It's usually easier to just run RUU while the phone is already in Bootloader anyway.
Did I miss something? Why wouldn't he be in windows? He would have to be in windows to make those changes on his phone anyways.
EDIT...hey decibel, nice post you just made over in the wat du u dink thread. awesome. totally agree with you.

Last edited by razorloves; 04-05-2009 at 12:05 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro