PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Setting A Contact App As Main Contact App (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63617)

wayne622 04-04-2009 11:08 AM

Setting A Contact App As Main Contact App

I am using iContact and I was wondering if there is a way that I can set that to be the main contact app?

dallas contractor 04-04-2009 11:38 AM

Re: Setting A Contact App As Main Contact App

I had that same problem with PI8 and you have to setup not under tab, I do not have it but alot of others here have changed the contacts.

bee976 04-04-2009 02:55 PM

Try looking for SSMaPa, then u can patch it. I think there is a thread on xda. If u can't figure it out let me know.

wayne622 04-04-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee976 (Post 823582)
Try looking for SSMaPa, then u can patch it. I think there is a thread on xda. If u can't figure it out let me know.

I found the app pn xda, but I dont think it has an options for the contacts. Correct me if im wrong though.

avgas 04-04-2009 05:26 PM

Here are the instruction on how to link iContact to your "All people" button, thanks to Chuck_IV

1. Disable TF3D(Settings|Today and uncheck TF3D)
2. Run ssMaPa
3. On config screen make sure you have TouchFlo 3D selected(depending on version you may not have this tab)
4. Goto Init tab, press Init and wait for it to bring up listing of programs(I dunno if Extended Init needs to be checked or not, but i have done it with and without it checked)
5. Highlight "Replace Poutlook"
6. Checkmark "Patch Enabled"
7. In the "New Program" field put /Program Files/iContact/iContact.exe (note the FORWARD slashes / as opposed to \)
8. In the "Arguments" field put a $
9. Press "Save"
10. Press the Deploy tab
11. Press Deploy Patch.
12. You should get a a message about unsigning a file and if ssMaPa should try to do this. Press "Yes".
13. Once it's done, reenable TF3D and it should work.

wayne622 04-04-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avgas (Post 823819)
Here are the instruction on how to link iContact to your "All people" button, thanks to Chuck_IV

1. Disable TF3D(Settings|Today and uncheck TF3D)
2. Run ssMaPa
3. On config screen make sure you have TouchFlo 3D selected(depending on version you may not have this tab)
4. Goto Init tab, press Init and wait for it to bring up listing of programs(I dunno if Extended Init needs to be checked or not, but i have done it with and without it checked)
5. Highlight "Replace Poutlook"
6. Checkmark "Patch Enabled"
7. In the "New Program" field put /Program Files/iContact/iContact.exe (note the FORWARD slashes / as opposed to \)
8. In the "Arguments" field put a $
9. Press "Save"
10. Press the Deploy tab
11. Press Deploy Patch.
12. You should get a a message about unsigning a file and if ssMaPa should try to do this. Press "Yes".
13. Once it's done, reenable TF3D and it should work.

That worked...Thanks

nuuuuts 04-04-2009 08:42 PM

i tried ssmapa and it didn't work with the new icontact ae edition.

you can use this

Q: How to make iContact my default contact manager so it would open when I click Contacts key?
A: Either download and install iContact Softkey Mapper, or manually edit the registry: inside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:M SCONTACTS, set parameter "1" to "\Program Files\iContact ae\iContact.exe"