PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 05:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC would like to sees

I have been a lurker here for a few months now but now trying to get my head around a few new things with this HTC Touch Pro. Some of the very few complaints I have about this phone are these:

I would like to see a ROM or some sort of hack that modifys WHERE the letters on the touchboard appear.. It is EXTREMLY hard to text one handed when the letters show up under your fingers instead of on top. Is there any way this can be changed?

Secondly...I have yet to break into the ROMS here which I will probably do this afternoon when I wake up, but I would REALLY like to see some improvement with the web browser. I cant tell you how angry I get when Im trying to click on a link and it wont zoom in, or im trying to access a .cab file and nothing happens.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Curve 8330m
Carrier: Sprint

emaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuff
Re: HTC would like to sees

You should try skyfire for web browsing. There is a VGA version now.
go here from IE on your phone to get it free: http://get.skyfire.com/

for accessing.cabs why don't you use file explorer? I think its OEM on your phone....
Old 04-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Threadstarter

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaster101 View Post
You should try skyfire for web browsing. There is a VGA version now.
go here from IE on your phone to get it free: http://get.skyfire.com/

for accessing.cabs why don't you use file explorer? I think its OEM on your phone....
Im familier with skyfire since I was a former Q owner. I guess my biggest complaint is the amount of lag on the browsers...
Old 04-04-2009, 05:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Curve 8330m

emaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuff

Currently, I think the best browsers are Skyfire and Opera mobile. You won't find another browser to beat those two.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

try resco keyboard, the letters appear above your fingers...although it isn't free, but there is a free trial.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Dude...you definitely want the touch pro 2 keyboard. You can get the cab here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=491814 It's AWESOME, and does exactly what you were talking about.
As far as browsers go, you should try using skyfire if you don't like the Opera that's pre-installed. I know you said you've used it on the Q but you should try it on the TP. Or what about Opera Mini. I hear some people rave about that.

Last edited by razorloves; 04-04-2009 at 07:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor

Another keyboard I love is FingerKeyboard, here in this forum. It works great in both portrait and especially landscape, has skins for colors, can easilly see the letters pop up that you want.

This has worked flawlessly for me. I tried several others (with fits and burps from my phone), was ready to buy SPB keyboard, but tried this. Would highly recommend this, and its free!!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

Give Iris Browser a shot, I am begining to like it alot. Its fast and has alot of good options.
Heres the cab:
Attached Files
File Type: cab iris-browser-1.1.6.cab (3.15 MB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

For the keyboard, you can either find the TP2 keyboard, or get Touchpal. Touchpal is actually pretty great.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro