PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   camera,album, freezing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63591)

Lremy22 04-04-2009 02:39 AM

camera,album, freezing

I have the TP for sprint and I am currently using a 16gb sd card. Everything works perfect I have every tweak there is but I am constantly putting some in and taking some out to see what works and what does not. The one problem that I cant figure out is that I have tons of pics on my phone that are all saved to the sd card but when I go to open up the album it keeps freezing and opens up like 2 mins later. I have tons of music on the same card and they work fine its just he pics. I called htc and they said that it might be the card itself but when I checked the card it was fine and to be on the safe side I even got a new one and still have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution to my dilema? :protest::violent2:

decibel 04-04-2009 02:44 AM

Re: camera,album, freezing

No solution, but I would say it has something to do with the amount of pictures. Especially if they are all stored in one directory.

razorloves 04-04-2009 07:59 AM

yea...what decibel said...
Also...one time I put a ton of hi-res 10 megapixel photos on my card, in one folder, and it was ridiculous to try to pull them up on my phone. I had a similar problem to what you described. So...i would try to seperating them into different folders just like decibel recommended. I believe using a different program like S2V (Slide2View) might help with this problem too.

decibel 04-04-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 823014)
yea...what decibel said...
Also...one time I put a ton of hi-res 10 megapixel photos on my card, in one folder, and it was ridiculous to try to pull them up on my phone. I had a similar problem to what you described. So...i would try to seperating them into different folders just like decibel recommended. I believe using a different program like S2V (Slide2View) might help with this problem too.

Great, great advice! Especially the point of "don't put the hi-res pics on your card". In any folder. Because the phone will scan all folders. :D

Good stuff! Let us know if any of this works.

Lremy22 04-06-2009 02:12 AM

Thanks for the input everything sounds, it sucks that I cant have it all on a non Iphone , phone though. Well I guess that wm just needs to step it up a notch. I have tons and tons of hi res photos and after reading I do believe that that is where the problem lies, I guess I have to put them on my iPod instead but if that does not work I will be sure to keep you all updated, again thanks for the great advice

Lremy22 04-06-2009 02:17 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone I will be sure to try it out. I just wish that i could have had it all on a non iphone phone. I have tons of hi res photos and I think that is where the problem lies. I will keep you posted on any progress that I have made

CozBoogie 04-06-2009 07:14 PM

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz