PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Brand new TP has a soft feeling screen. =[

Greetings. My previous TP with a 2/22/09 manufactured date was NEARLY perfect, it only had the "oil-spill" screen defect which was getting worse by the day. I received a NIB TP today with an even newer manufactured date of 3/10/2009. This one is also nearly perfect with only ONE thing I've noticed that bothers me, it has a "soft" feeling screen. Sliding my finger on it, tapping it with stylus or finger, and the response of the screen are waaay softer and less-responsive compared to my previous TP. The previous one had a more sturdy and hard plastic feel compared to the soft, cheap feeling of my new device. Can you guys chime in on this? Thanks!
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 04-03-2009, 10:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Brand new TP has a soft feeling screen. =[

my girls brand new tp has a plastic screen and i thought the first round ones have glass. this is sprint store info. so im not sure.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah I wonder if the previous device I had was a glass-screen. It took a nasty spill one day and it seemed to come out with a small chip/pockmark, like a pebble hitting your windshield. That harder screen was WAY responsive, I mean, so responsive, coming from the 6800 to the TP, I was blown away and had an ear to ear grin. Maybe that screen was simply a more-dense plastic. Now, it's starting to remind me of my 6800 LOL. Thanks for the info Darren!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:18 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I got my replacement last week and its screen is like that but is very touchy. I like that part. I am cautious because it does feel a little too soft.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Yeah, mine is spongy to the point where I was like, "whoa, this doesn't feel right, I don't want to damage the screen!" LOL I guess I'm kiiiinda starting to get used to it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro