PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

setox is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
make shortcut for program

ok i was looking and looking and got fedup

i put garmin on my tp and it didn't make a shortcut... so how do i make a shortcut for this program so i don't have to always go into explorer to load the program up.....

thanks in advance
Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: make shortcut for program

Quote:
Originally Posted by setox View Post
ok i was looking and looking and got fedup

i put garmin on my tp and it didn't make a shortcut... so how do i make a shortcut for this program so i don't have to always go into explorer to load the program up.....

thanks in advance
Goto where the program is in file explorer, and instead of just clicking it, highlight it with the stylus and then click on menu, edit, copy. Then browse to Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ click menu, edit, paste shortcut... done
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I use total commander to make shortcuts,
Highlight exe file and then left soft key "file" and choose the >>>>> selection.. you get and option to create shortcut and a box to set it to the directory you want to store it. (usually windows/start menu)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Go into File Explorer one more time & highlight the Garmin program. Hit MENU>EDIT>COPY to copy the program & then make your way to WINDOWS>START MENU>PROGRAMS folder. Again go to MENU>EDIT>PASTE SHORTCUT to add the shortcut for your program. Then rename the shortcut so it doesn't say "Shortcut to Garmin" or whatever.

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

setox is becoming a great contributor

thank you all and hopfully anyone else looking for this answer as well your welcome
Old 04-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO
Carrier: Sprint

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

Thank you for not flaming this question and the poster, I too forgot how to do this simple proceedure, forgot the DIR. This thread helped!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:36 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Just thought I would provide this as another alternate way of creating shortcuts for anyone interested.

LnkMgr is a link creator and editor for the Pocket PC. It allows a user to effortlessly create and catagorize links in the Start Menu folder.

Usage:

is the Programs folder located in StartMenu If nothing is specified it will go into the StartMenu

To Create a Link: Simply change the catgory in the category dropdown to another catgory.

To Modify a Link: Simply select a different category from the category dropdown

To Delete a Link: Simply select the empty '' option from the category dropdown

To Create a Category: Click Menu and select Categories...

Attached Files
File Type: cab lnkmgr_031409.cab (101.5 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:39 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Another option!

Link Creator is a simple application, that creates the link to any file/application and then puts that link to Windows\Start Menu\Programs or any other selected by you folder.

Attached Files
File Type: cab LinkCreator1.1.CAB (47.4 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro