PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Audio Issues

This was originally posted in the Mighty Rom thread, but got buried pretty fast without being addressed, so I figured I should repost in it's own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
Now that I've upgraded from 4.14 to 4.15 the problem I was experiencing with A2DP still exist. The bluetooth connection itself isn't severed, but the audio stream will cease and the only way I've found to get audio back is toggle bluetooth off and on and either wait for connection to establish or force my stereo to reconnect.

Also, I've occasionally noticed a problem where the screen will slowly redraw itself, it usually happens after streaming A2DP for a while or if there's a bluetooth hiccup as described above.

Otherwise this ROM is really sweet and the HTC Menu adds a long overdue breath of fresh air to windows mobile interface. However if theres no solution to these glitches I might have to return to the stock ROM. With Atlanta traffic the way it is, I spend a lot of time in my car and streaming music & podcast keep my company. Functional A2DP is a must.

Any ideas other than (mine works fine)?
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthirty2 View Post
I have the same problem, except I use a Motorola H710 bluetooth earpiece. The audio will completely go out on the device, but it will still show the bluetooth is connected. It's as if the audio gateway freezes up, I can't hear anyone nor can anyone hear me. I have to toggle the device off and back on in the options menu of the phone, and it works again. I just assumed I had a bum bluetooth headset, but your post is encouraging at least in the respect that it seems to be our PHONE and more than likely a software or firmware problem and not a hardware issue. Hope someone besides the two of us care about this, otherwise our posts will get buried in obscurity
Thanks in advance for the help.

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...

Last edited by tenthirty2; 04-03-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Re: Bluetooth Audio Issues

I don't think there's any issue in regards to people caring, but it does not seem to be an issue that most using MightyROM are experiencing. Of course there's now MightyROM 4.16 to try. If you have not used it, try using Sashimi to speed up reinstalling of apps.

I drive around for hours and the only issues I have to contend with are the heat issues when doing long data connections. That's not a ROM issue though.

I guess it's hard to suggest anything for you who are having problems when it's possible most of us never experience it and audio has been running fine.

Have you guys been leaving your A2DP settings as is, or have you both made any modifications to them? I have mine at their defaults. I did notice some skipping when playing music after trying to tinker with those values. That was when using the stock Sprint ROM. I set them back to default and all was OK and has been with MightyROM too. Currently running 4.16
Old 04-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Not changing a thing in my A2DP settings, leaving them stock. It may be a bum phone, but it was a brand new replacement, not a refurb, and wjrandon was experiencing the same issue. The problem exists independent of any rom I flash. I'm at a loss, was hoping to get some valuable feedback on the issue, but I guess I'm out of luck.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthirty2 View Post
Not changing a thing in my A2DP settings, leaving them stock. It may be a bum phone, but it was a brand new replacement, not a refurb, and wjrandon was experiencing the same issue. The problem exists independent of any rom I flash. I'm at a loss, was hoping to get some valuable feedback on the issue, but I guess I'm out of luck.
If it's a device problem, I'm sure Wjrandon will want to toss his device out of a window. He's had several replacements already. He was saying he's having the problem since flashing to MightyROM 4.15, but it's possible that it's not at all caused by MightyROM.

It's a rare issue and happens for someone who has the problem across various ROMs. It does sound like a problem within the device other than the ROM.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Telus

ahmadf14 is a n00b

I have tried a ton of roms and kitchens and im also having trouble with A2DP. the problem for me hasnt started with changing rom but its been there from the beginning. The only workaround i have found to it is a program called A2DP toggle. Ive assusmed its a windows mobile issue.
Bluetooth for making and receiving calls works fine but for music after the initial pairing it doesn't work. My options are to toggle A2DP on the device bluetooth settings or delete and pair the device again. Dont know if this is the same issue, but I havnt seen any real fix for this problem.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadf14 View Post
I have tried a ton of roms and kitchens and im also having trouble with A2DP. the problem for me hasnt started with changing rom but its been there from the beginning. The only workaround i have found to it is a program called A2DP toggle. Ive assusmed its a windows mobile issue.
Bluetooth for making and receiving calls works fine but for music after the initial pairing it doesn't work. My options are to toggle A2DP on the device bluetooth settings or delete and pair the device again. Dont know if this is the same issue, but I havnt seen any real fix for this problem.
I had that issue with my old 800w, but going into BT settings and selecting BT stereo for the BT unit resolved the issue, which is the same as what A2DP toggle does. And I had to do that every time I turned the BT unit on. I guess from reading the other earlier comments, I got the impression their audio plays for a while and then goes out in the middle of a song or something. But if it's the same problem, that BT stereo never starts, then yes they should to go into BT settings hold down over the BT unit and select BT stereo or use A2DP toggle.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro