PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce
8GB SDHC Problem

About 5 hours ago I was in class and I put my headphones in to play some music, went to the music tab, and noticed it said searching and couldn't find any songs.

Then I went to the programs tab and noticed all of the programs installed to my SDHC were missing.

Then I went to file explorer and noticed under Storage Card, it was f*cked up.

What happened to my SDHC? It worked yesterday night, worked this morning.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: 8GB SDHC Problem

Dang...that sucks man. Did you get it on ebay? Looks like it's corrupted. Try to reformat it.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

I used to get this on my vogue all the time, reformatted, tried other cards, same thing every time, beck then there was speculation that it was related to encryption, but I am not sure about that, others said that contacts needed to be cleaned, or a thin paper shim could be used to make better contact. fact is, the only way I found to prevent it from happening was to disable anything that would be accesing the card during suspend. basically, memory level meters, or home screen items with stuff on storage, as well as not installing apps to sd. seems it it's being accesed when it went into suspend it would scramble the card
Old 04-03-2009, 04:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Dang...that sucks man. Did you get it on ebay? Looks like it's corrupted. Try to reformat it.
Nope, got it at a regular store.

This ****ing sucks!
Old 04-03-2009, 04:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
Nope, got it at a regular store.

This ****ing sucks!
I would just take it back and get a new one...or get a warranty replacement. Most of those popular mem card companies have lifetime warranty. I came across this thread with several people describing same problem as you. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=436449
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cynicalslacker is becoming a great contributor

Ive had this problem too... I have no idea what caused this, I lost all my cabs that I had been collecting for the past couple of months... 2 Folders completely disappeared, my cab folder and my all my pictures
Old 04-03-2009, 04:48 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

....you need to DL those updates for vista...looks as if they are ready (bottom right corner of your screen shot)......try pulling out your card and putting it in a card reader directly to a PC and see if it can be read that way first before taking it back and losing your content.

Last edited by gator352; 04-03-2009 at 04:50 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
I would just take it back and get a new one...or get a warranty replacement. Most of those popular mem card companies have lifetime warranty. I came across this thread with several people describing same problem as you. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=436449
That sounds like a good idea. It seemed like those guys' cards malfunctioned after a couple days, while mine has been working for months. I'm gonna format my drive and give it a second chance.

Thanks for the response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
....you need to DL those updates for vista...looks as if they are ready (bottom right corner of your screen shot)......try pulling out your card and putting it in a card reader directly to a PC and see if it can be read that way first before taking it back and losing your content.
Yeah, the updates were installed but I just had to reset. I tried puttiing the card into a reader and into my PC, but it showed the same thing as file explorer

Thanks for the response.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Who is the manufacturer of your card? I am using a SanDisk 8GB MicroSD and haven't had this problem. I have had mine for a year. Could be corruption in your cards encryption.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 04-03-2009, 05:58 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yea, avoid installing programs and encryption on the card. if it's necessary, keep it to a minimum.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro