PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unable to hard-reset TP

Hey guys,

I need help. I can't hard-reset my phone (sprint touch pro, stock rom).. I've tried every combo that I could find in these forums (including the locked thread WARNING TP doesn't have hard reset which was closed by the mods..)

Here's my issue - originally posted in the software forum (this happened as a result of installing the redfly mobile companion software..) - Any help would be appreciated, as I'm completely dead in the water (and unable to hard-reset) at this point.

-mark

Quote:
It completely hosed me - I can't even hard-reset right now

Anyone have any tips for hard resetting on the TP?

I've tried taking battery out, putting back in, holding volume down/center button, hitting power (no go)

I've tried holding volume down/center bottom, resetting (no go)

same as above but with OK key instead of center button (no go)

Sometimes I get arm11 errors, other times I see the screen redfly viewer is loading (on top of the green startup screen) then crash..

I've gotten the hold volume up to hard-reset once or twice by itself during restart - but holding volume up doesn't do anything

Any tips for hard-resetting?

My guess (if this works for some of you), is that I also had the updated ATI (or omni?) drivers on here - so there must be a conflict...

-mark
Old 04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Unable to hard-reset TP

Yea, the TP is a ***** to hard reset. Try using the clear storage option in Settings. It is essentially the same thing as a manual hard reset, but from what I hear is actually a cleaner hard reset. I think MightyMike mentioned that a clear storage actually wiped out some bugs that a hard reset couldn't.

//sorry I just read that you're phone is dead in the water, hahah. Can you try reflashing?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Yea, the TP is a ***** to hard reset. Try using the clear storage option in Settings. It is essentially the same thing as a manual hard reset, but from what I hear is actually a cleaner hard reset. I think MightyMike mentioned that a clear storage actually wiped out some bugs that a hard reset couldn't.

//sorry I just read that you're phone is dead in the water, hahah. Can you try reflashing?
Nope reflashing doesn't work.. (most likely because I have a locked stock rom)
-m
Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Try this one more time.....

Either take out the battery and reinsert or hold the Pwr button down till the PopUp comes up about turning off the phone.

Now with the phone off, "Hold" down the "Vol Down/Center D-Pad button/and Pwr Button" till the PopUp comes up and instructs you on the Hardreset.

I say this because the "Quote" you mention has: "I've tried taking battery out, putting back in, holding volume down/center button, hitting power (no go)"

You dont "HIT" the Pwr button you "HOLD" it down also with the Vol Dwn/Center D-pad button while the phone is off, that is how I hardreset my TP.

Good Luck.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 04-03-2009 at 01:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

That was the key. Had to HOLD power, not hit like most of the directions say.

Thanks!
-mark
Old 04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

I have a TP I bought in January that I have NOT been able to hard reset at all. I finally had some time to play with it. Here's how I was able to hard reset:

Hold down ONLY the d-pad button, and then press and hold the reset button in.

I did NOT have to press or hold any other button. Trying to do any other combination, other then volume+power for multi-color screen failed to yield any result.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo

cflash21 is a n00b

Hello I have a question if I hard reset will all of my contacts be lost ?
Old 04-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflash21 View Post
Yes. EVERYTHING is set back to the ROM's defaults and all PIM data is lost.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflash21 View Post
Yes ,but you can back them up first. What I do is just go to windows live in your programs folder sign in with an email account and it will back up all your contacts. After you hard reset you can just go right back to windows live, sign in and it will load all your contacts back into your phone. Or you could use other programs like PIM backup, which backs up all your texts as well. Or Spb Backup which backs up your whole phone. (nice pic by the way)
Old 04-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

Or you could find the pim.vol file in windows and save it. That holds your contacts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro