PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!
Carrier: Sprint

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So what's the best method of PAM (without getting caught?)

I have WMWifi router (latest version) and I also have Mighty Rom 4:16 that has an "internet sharing" thingy.

Which is better? Which is "stealth-ier"? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: So what's the best method of PAM (without getting caught?)

Internet sharing will just allow you to tether your phones internet connection to your pc with the usb cable. WMWifiRouter will allow you to use your phone and it's internet connection as a wireless router that any pc/ppc/ipod/etc within range can connect to via wifi. You probably will not get caught either way unless you are downloading more than 5GB/month.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.

Last edited by Hafrust; 04-08-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

toolz is a n00b

search for a program called pdanet its the bomb
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

you not going to get a "best answer" everyone has an opinion about this and it has already been discussed.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Here's a thread talking a little bit about that.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=connection

Last edited by razorloves; 04-08-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:42 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Correct answer is, add PAM to your plan to avoid getting 'caught'.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Correct answer is, add PAM to your plan to avoid getting 'caught'.
LOL.....I was going to say "Pay for It".....LOL
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
LOL.....I was going to say "Pay for It".....LOL
I was going to say the samething. There is enough problems with the different chefs getting accused of " stealing" OS secrets that they or this site doesn't need the carriers accusing people of promoting the theft of services. The FCC frowns on that.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 04-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use tethering a few times a year while travelling. Most of my internet needs can be met just fine on the phone. Sometimes I need the larger screen and keyboard of my laptop or need to transfer moderate amounts of data to or from it. There's no way it would be useful for me to pay for PAM services. On the other hand, I don't download DVD images to my hard drive this way. I probably transfer a few dozen to a couple of hundred megs at a time 3-4 times per year.

I seriously doubt Sprint cares about occasional light-to-moderate usage. I strongly believe they do care about people who try to use their unlimited data plans to replace home high-speed data service and provide WiFi to a gaggle of housemates.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Whether or not people are ok with knowingly violating their TOS with their provider is a personal matter. Since the OP has been answered and it is a potentially volatile subject, maybe someone could close this before it has a chance to get out of hand?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro