PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dzags is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Device stops charging?

I have a CDMA Touch Pro, running MightyRom's latest version. Lately I have started to notice that my TP will lose its connection randomly. It will do it both with my car charger (I tried two chargers, one was an iGo and the other just a miniusb charger) and my PC usb connection. Its pretty annoying, especially when I am driving long distances and dont realize its not charging and Garmin/PocketScrobbler eat up the battery. Anyone have any idea whats causing this?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Device stops charging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzags View Post
I have a CDMA Touch Pro, running MightyRom's latest version. Lately I have started to notice that my TP will lose its connection randomly. It will do it both with my car charger (I tried two chargers, one was an iGo and the other just a miniusb charger) and my PC usb connection. Its pretty annoying, especially when I am driving long distances and dont realize its not charging and Garmin/PocketScrobbler eat up the battery. Anyone have any idea whats causing this?
Is the device hot when it happens? If the battery exceeds a certain temp it will stop charging to prevent it from damaging itself (charging creates more heat, overheated battery = bad). Using the radio extensively (GPS + Network) and charging for long periods of time tends to create a good bit of heat.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

my first touch pro, when i plugged in my charger all the way it wouldnt connect but if i pulled it out just a little i would get a connection. Needless to say, i had it replaced. Maybe its a messed up charge port, my suggestion is to have a service center check it out, and at least replace the battery just in case it is an overheating issue

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

dzags is just getting started

At first I assumed it must be overheating - the times I noticed it happening were on long drives, and like I said I typically have pocketscrobbler and garmin running so obviously that tends to heat it up. But at the moment I am trying to sync all my music (looking to move away from streaming music to S2P) and its disconnecting randomly. It's done it several times, sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes 10, sometimes 1. I never noticed this happening on previous flashes of MightyRom, could it be possible that this is a rom issue? Hoping its not hardware.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro