PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: help a lady out....does anyone else hate manilla?

I thought I'd hate TF3D when I got my TP, but so far I don't. That being said, I'm waiting on Mobile Shell 3 anxiously. On my Mogul, I tried most of the available interfaces manilla2D, PoinUI 2, Mobile Shell, Throttlelauncher and Ultimate Launcher, HTC home, all with multiple skins and in the end? I don't have a clue what I liked better, it all became a confusing mess in my head.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

+1 tf3d2
Old 04-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Manilla was the first thing i took off my phone. Im a huge spb pocket plus fan, so i use that in conjunction with moble shell. Nothing against manilla (i guess i dont hate it) just never used it.
dschoenike

Old 04-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Lurker

Putin is just getting started
Your Solution is right here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Jai View Post
I personally despise it, I have spb phone suite and mobile shell and am using the sprint black theme, I hate the manilla set up, I truly do. The finger scrolling is trash and the messaging is not any good. That whole finger scrolling and it putting text on top of text is just frustrating. How do you take a picture of the screen and save it as an image, I would love to show you how pretty mine looks...and its all black and sexy Anyways let me know if anyone hates it

I was right there with you when I saw rom after rom with Manila 2d then 3d, after a whileI couldn't hold food down, wanted to vomit every damn time I saw a manila whatever version! The new xboxmod (has nothing to do with the system) from the Touch Pro 2 is a lot better because the text has some nice transition effects so it keeps the vomit down a lot longer. But little lady, you have got to try Star rom 6.5. Everything flows beautifully, and is sooo finger friendly, on top of that it comes with the xbox mod I mentioned. When you get your hands on that, sbp mobile and pocket are going to hate you for leaving them never to return for more lush, greener passages. Trust.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Lurker

Putin is just getting started
Your Solution is right here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Jai View Post
I personally despise it, I have spb phone suite and mobile shell and am using the sprint black theme, I hate the manilla set up, I truly do. The finger scrolling is trash and the messaging is not any good. That whole finger scrolling and it putting text on top of text is just frustrating. How do you take a picture of the screen and save it as an image, I would love to show you how pretty mine looks...and its all black and sexy Anyways let me know if anyone hates it

I was right there with you when I saw rom after rom with Manila 2d then 3d, after a whileI couldn't hold food down, wanted to vomit every damn time I saw a manila whatever version! The new xboxmod (has nothing to do with the system) from the Touch Pro 2 is a lot better because the text has some nice transition effects so it keeps the vomit down a lot longer. But little lady, you have got to try Star rom 6.5. Everything flows beautifully, and is sooo finger friendly, on top of that it comes with the xbox mod I mentioned. When you get your hands on that, sbp mobile and pocket are going to hate you for leaving them never to return for more lush, greener passages.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:38 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I found my alternative in WM 6.5 there is a today screen you can use. I like the new Rhodium Manila but the OEM Sprint Manila was crap. For now I am going with the Titanium today screen with a couple of tweaks like adding weather its a much better solution that Touch Flow. MHO
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: AT&T

rsohne is just getting started

I went back to SPB Mobile shell because of a skin a guy developed a couple of days ago that looks like the Titanium today screen. Its quite clever and runs well. It definitely breathed new life into SPB Mobile Shell.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

scorpionreign is just getting started

I don't like using it either, I use HTC Home screen with SPB mobile shell. I use it because everything is on one screen with easy access. I like WM6.5, but with there was a weather tab for WM6.5.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

scorpionreign is just getting started

Where did you get the weather for Titanium today screen?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: AT&T

rsohne is just getting started

In case anyone is interested in the Winmo6.5 skin for SPB Mobile Shell you can get it here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492203

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro