PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo
Carrier: Sprint

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone turns Bluetooth off right before battery dies

My wife is notorious for not charging her phone. It always dies. Right before it dies it turns bluetooth off. So when she recharges the phone and turns it back on, bluetooth is still off. She then claims her car kit doesn't work anymore.... (Turning bluetooth back on manually is too involved for her)

Is there a program or cab I can put in the startup directory that will run everytime the phone boots up and turns bluetooth on?

I've done some searching but nothing works the way I would like it to... BT Toggle etc..

HELP! (or better yet, is there a regedit that will stop WM from turning Bluetooth off right before the phone dies?)

Last edited by dutchman71; 04-02-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Phone turns Bluetooth off right before battery dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
My wife is notorious for not charging her phone. It always dies. Right before it dies it turns bluetooth off. So when she recharges the phone and turns it back on, bluetooth is still off. She then claims har car kit doesn't work anymore.... (Turning bluetooth back on manually is too involved for her)

Is there a program or cab I can put in the startup directory that will run everytime the phone boots up and turns bluetooth on?

I've done some searching but nothing works the way I would like it to... BT Toggle etc..

HELP! (or better yet, is there a regedit that will stop WM from turning Bluetooth off right before the phone dies?)
LOL! Too involved! I love it!
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 04-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just tell your wife to charge her damn phone, or teach her retarded self how to turn bluetooth on.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Just tell your wife to charge her damn phone, or teach her retarded self how to turn bluetooth on.
thats kinda harsh ur talking bout the mans wife, but u can try bluetooth toggle and set it so when u hold the call button it will activate

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 04-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
I hope you do not talk to your wife like that or your future wife, I have been married over 30 years and that would not go over well.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo
Threadstarter

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
I hope you do not talk to your wife like that or your future wife, I have been married over 30 years and that would not go over well.
I'm with you on that one... 15 years for me. I know which battles to fight...
Old 04-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
My wife is notorious for not charging her phone. It always dies. Right before it dies it turns bluetooth off. So when she recharges the phone and turns it back on, bluetooth is still off. She then claims her car kit doesn't work anymore.... (Turning bluetooth back on manually is too involved for her)

This could help you, plus it seems it might even save her some battery power by having bluetooth off when not in use (it turns BT on when a call comes in, off when call disconnects, pretty slick actually):

http://www.modaco.com/content/smartp...oth-beta-1-05/
Old 04-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
thats kinda harsh ur talking bout the mans wife, but u can try bluetooth toggle and set it so when u hold the call button it will activate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
Quote:
I'm with you on that one... 15 years for me. I know which battles to fight...
I don't think the poster gave us any indication that he would use those words with a girlfriend or wife, but I whole heartedly share his attitude. The OP said that turning BT on was "too involved" for his wife. I mean, c'mon. I could teach a class full of preschoolers how to turn on the BT function each time the phone powers on. If you can't turn BT on yourself, then you're just flat out lazy.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
I don't think the poster gave us any indication that he would use those words with a girlfriend or wife, but I whole heartedly share his attitude. The OP said that turning BT on was "too involved" for his wife. I mean, c'mon. I could teach a class full of preschoolers how to turn on the BT function each time the phone powers on. If you can't turn BT on yourself, then you're just flat out lazy.
if she is lazy or not has nothing to do with him calling his wife a retard & i could care less how he would talk to his own girl/wife...its just very disrespectful to call a strangers wife a retard when he is just looking for help
Old 04-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
if she is lazy or not has nothing to do with him calling his wife a retard & i could care less how he would talk to his own girl/wife...its just very disrespectful to call a strangers wife a retard when he is just looking for help
I would never and will never put up with someone talking to me like that, especially my future husband.....But he is more then smart enough to know this already

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro