PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Phone turns Bluetooth off right before battery dies (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63405)

dutchman71 04-02-2009 04:44 PM

Phone turns Bluetooth off right before battery dies

My wife is notorious for not charging her phone. It always dies. Right before it dies it turns bluetooth off. So when she recharges the phone and turns it back on, bluetooth is still off. She then claims her car kit doesn't work anymore.... (Turning bluetooth back on manually is too involved for her)

Is there a program or cab I can put in the startup directory that will run everytime the phone boots up and turns bluetooth on?

I've done some searching but nothing works the way I would like it to... BT Toggle etc..

HELP! (or better yet, is there a regedit that will stop WM from turning Bluetooth off right before the phone dies?)

parkjam 04-02-2009 04:52 PM

Re: Phone turns Bluetooth off right before battery dies

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchman71 (Post 819120)
My wife is notorious for not charging her phone. It always dies. Right before it dies it turns bluetooth off. So when she recharges the phone and turns it back on, bluetooth is still off. She then claims har car kit doesn't work anymore.... (Turning bluetooth back on manually is too involved for her)

Is there a program or cab I can put in the startup directory that will run everytime the phone boots up and turns bluetooth on?

I've done some searching but nothing works the way I would like it to... BT Toggle etc..

HELP! (or better yet, is there a regedit that will stop WM from turning Bluetooth off right before the phone dies?)

LOL! Too involved! I love it!:evil4:

chappy 04-02-2009 04:54 PM

Just tell your wife to charge her damn phone, or teach her retarded self how to turn bluetooth on.

havox22 04-02-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chappy (Post 819156)
Just tell your wife to charge her damn phone, or teach her retarded self how to turn bluetooth on.

thats kinda harsh ur talking bout the mans wife, but u can try bluetooth toggle and set it so when u hold the call button it will activate

dallas contractor 04-02-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chappy (Post 819156)

I hope you do not talk to your wife like that or your future wife, I have been married over 30 years and that would not go over well.

dutchman71 04-02-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas contractor (Post 819192)
I hope you do not talk to your wife like that or your future wife, I have been married over 30 years and that would not go over well.

I'm with you on that one... 15 years for me. I know which battles to fight...

parkjam 04-02-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchman71 (Post 819120)
My wife is notorious for not charging her phone. It always dies. Right before it dies it turns bluetooth off. So when she recharges the phone and turns it back on, bluetooth is still off. She then claims her car kit doesn't work anymore.... (Turning bluetooth back on manually is too involved for her)

This could help you, plus it seems it might even save her some battery power by having bluetooth off when not in use (it turns BT on when a call comes in, off when call disconnects, pretty slick actually):

http://www.modaco.com/content/smartp...oth-beta-1-05/

MidwestDrummer 04-02-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havox22 (Post 819175)
thats kinda harsh ur talking bout the mans wife, but u can try bluetooth toggle and set it so when u hold the call button it will activate

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas contractor (Post 819192)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchman71 (Post 819236)
I'm with you on that one... 15 years for me. I know which battles to fight...

I don't think the poster gave us any indication that he would use those words with a girlfriend or wife, but I whole heartedly share his attitude. The OP said that turning BT on was "too involved" for his wife. I mean, c'mon. I could teach a class full of preschoolers how to turn on the BT function each time the phone powers on. If you can't turn BT on yourself, then you're just flat out lazy.

havox22 04-02-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer (Post 819410)
I don't think the poster gave us any indication that he would use those words with a girlfriend or wife, but I whole heartedly share his attitude. The OP said that turning BT on was "too involved" for his wife. I mean, c'mon. I could teach a class full of preschoolers how to turn on the BT function each time the phone powers on. If you can't turn BT on yourself, then you're just flat out lazy.

if she is lazy or not has nothing to do with him calling his wife a retard & i could care less how he would talk to his own girl/wife...its just very disrespectful to call a strangers wife a retard when he is just looking for help

Carla 04-02-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havox22 (Post 819607)
if she is lazy or not has nothing to do with him calling his wife a retard & i could care less how he would talk to his own girl/wife...its just very disrespectful to call a strangers wife a retard when he is just looking for help

I would never and will never put up with someone talking to me like that, especially my future husband.....But he is more then smart enough to know this already:twisted: