PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 08:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone turns Bluetooth off right before battery dies

heh, I won't even talk to my x-wife like that
Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Going the other direction - are you sure it's because she's not charging it? My TP occasionally turns BT off all by itself, as has every other WinMo phone I have ever used. (and I always keep my TP charged, so I know it's not that!). Just yesterday I was walking, got a couple of SMS announcements over the Jawbone. Then a few minutes later I thought I'd felt a vibration in my pocket while talking to a neighbor, and sure enough I had a missed call. I wondered why I didn't hear the CID in my headset - lo and behold, the dang thing had turned BT off by itself. (Stock ROM, hard reset this past weekend).

So maybe you can blame the phone. This is one of the main reasons I've never tried to get my wife to use a WinMo phone; they are just not reliable enough for those who would actually rather not dig into start - settings - connections - bluetooth - mode - ON. What a freaking joke.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Do what I did & use AEButton+ to turn on/off BT.

I have it set to turn on BT with a double click of the "red phone button". Works perfectly.

~John
Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Devilstrider is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
I hope you do not talk to your wife like that or your future wife, I have been married over 30 years and that would not go over well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
I'm with you on that one... 15 years for me. I know which battles to fight...
Bunch of lames that are whipped by there wife. Just tell her to charge her phone. Its as simple as that. People want apps for stuff that can be easily avoided. What app do you want next?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
I don't think the poster gave us any indication that he would use those words with a girlfriend or wife, but I whole heartedly share his attitude. The OP said that turning BT on was "too involved" for his wife. I mean, c'mon. I could teach a class full of preschoolers how to turn on the BT function each time the phone powers on. If you can't turn BT on yourself, then you're just flat out lazy.
Exactly. Why does she have a PDA phone if thats to much for her. Get her a flip phone and not a TP. Got forbid she needs to make a call with the TP.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo
Threadstarter

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyway, about my orginal question.....
Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilstrider View Post
Bunch of lames that are whipped by there wife
They're lame because they won't call their wife retarded??

You're clueless my boy........

~John
Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
Anyway, about my orginal question.....
Easiest way... use the bluetooth toggle program--exe, make a shortcut for it and put the shortcut in your start menu folder in your windows directory... now you can set it as a item in the drop down start menu or assign it to a home screen soft key (which is what I have done because I like to keep bt off when I'm not using it for syncing or driving). Quick and simple.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
They're lame because they won't call their wife retarded??

You're clueless my boy........

~John
Not at all. I would not do that as well but i would talk to her about charging her phone. They say they know what battles to fight well this is not a big one and should at least try. Its not hard to charge a phone and its just lazy not to. Then you complain when you need it most.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

qper is keeping up the good workqper is keeping up the good work

How bout a daily calendar appt. to remind her to turn BT back on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro