PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Palm OS on Touch Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63398)

miketab 04-02-2009 04:09 PM

Palm OS on Touch Pro?

Is there any discussion of putting the Palm os that will we be in the Pre on the touch Pro?

Young_breedent 04-02-2009 04:13 PM

Re: Palm OS on Touch Pro?

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketab (Post 819023)
Is there any discussion of putting the Palm os that will we be in the Pre on the touch Pro?

Can palm release the damn OS first lol. It's hard to know if something will run when that something isn't complete yet.

Drybonz 04-02-2009 04:46 PM

I have the new Palm OS running on my super advanced ultra limited edition of the Touch Pro 2. It freaking rocks because I can emulate TouchFlo inside PalmOS. I was like OMGZZZ.

chappy 04-02-2009 04:46 PM

Not worth the effort if it's even possible.

kyrumo 04-02-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 819131)
I have the new Palm OS running on my super advanced ultra limited edition of the Touch Pro 2. It freaking rocks because I can emulate TouchFlo inside PalmOS. I was like OMGZZZ.

LOL :-)

[sammich] 04-02-2009 06:56 PM

Possible, yes.
Likely, no.

We have enough trouble as it is getting Android running, let alone the less popular Palm OS.

But if the new PalmOS has some impressive features, it is likely some similar apps could be released for our PPCs

DotKom 04-02-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 819131)

LMAO!!!=D>

cjmedina 04-02-2009 11:53 PM

if you mean the treo pro than its already on your touch pro, but seriously just get a palm pre and save the time and effort

AB33 04-02-2009 11:59 PM

The OS is called Palm webOS, not to be confused with the old Palm OS that is on the 755p, Centro, etc. Styletap is a 3rd party program that allows that version of Palm OS on the PPC devices. I doubt they will make an app for the webOS since it wil lonly be 1 phone for a while, Palm doesn't ship out phone too often.

BenC 04-03-2009 12:23 AM

Have you tried Style Tap? I have it an my only objection to it is the hassle involved in getting it going again when a device is changed out.

ejoshkim 04-03-2009 02:19 AM

Palm OS on the TP? Why oh why???

jaytv 04-03-2009 02:22 AM

Oh yeah the 3650. Good times...

nannay12 04-23-2009 01:47 AM

i dont know about palm's new OS's but there old ones, like for the 755p is one of the worst mistakes i have ever seen in a phone. I would never consider a palm. my dad has one, and i have only looked at it once. Its so bland it gives me a headache to just use it. No, it really does give me an actual bad headache when i tried to mess with it. havent touched it since

x10guy 04-23-2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejoshkim (Post 820452)
Palm OS on the TP? Why oh why???

I believe the OP was asking about getting the Palm OS that will be on the Pre...

(but then again the OP's title is NOT very clear...)

jax2k3 04-23-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenC (Post 820292)
Have you tried Style Tap? I have it an my only objection to it is the hassle involved in getting it going again when a device is changed out.

I have tried style tap.. it is good on PPC if you want to run standalone applications... like any applications that require conduits to Sync, will not work... WIndows Mobile Doesn't know how to Hotsync ;)

theyemailme 06-07-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrumo (Post 819490)
LOL :-)

I can't wait to see what will be cooked up with the Palm Pre in mind. I am hopeful that Kyrumo will inform us of how they might have accomplished this amazing fantastical ginormous phenomenal feat without having the OS released as yet. Applications for Developer Kits for the Palm Pre are over here ---> http://developer.palm.com/

Let's get started...

fr4nk1yn 06-13-2009 09:31 PM

WebOS is built on top of Linux so the same issues with Android will apply here(?).
With that said WebOS Rocks! Palm did a magnificent job.

oppman 06-14-2009 05:56 AM

I believe Mobile shell 5 will probably be better than that.. lol

smoove21 06-14-2009 11:28 PM

why want the palm pre's operating system when touch flo 3d2 already has most of what seperates the pre from other phones.

straylight 06-14-2009 11:46 PM

I doubt the webOS would work on the Touchpro hardware. The Pre is a capacitive touch screen and the Touchpro is Resistive. Believe it or not that DOES make a difference.

Young_breedent 06-14-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by straylight (Post 975403)
I doubt the webOS would work on the Touchpro hardware. The Pre is a capacitive touch screen and the Touchpro is Resistive. Believe it or not that DOES make a difference.

So why can we run android then??

CozBoogie 06-15-2009 11:40 AM

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

ou2mame 06-28-2009 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 975411)
So why can we run android then??

lol, yeah.. last i heard, the screen has been working fairly well. its not the screen, its the everything else actually. speaker doesn't work, mic doesn't, phone radio (cdma, gsm works), among other things. its not the screen, its just that the drivers don't exist yet. once htc releases an android phone built on something that uses similar parts to the touch pro, and with some luck of backward compatibility, we should see some noticable improvements in the progress. the way it looks now though, we're looking at at least a few months for the gsm version to be ready to actually be a phone, and at least 6 months for cdma, if not longer. and i don't know about the rest of you, but i'll be rocking a touch pro 2 by then, but i would really like to see webos hit a real phone with a real keyboard, hopefully by the time i get a tp2.

Major_Nate 06-28-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jax2k3 (Post 871110)
I have tried style tap.. it is good on PPC if you want to run standalone applications... like any applications that require conduits to Sync, will not work... WIndows Mobile Doesn't know how to Hotsync ;)

Thank God WinMo doesn't know how to Hotsync, b/c knowing my luck, it would be stuck in that Hotsync loop constantly. lol.

Major_Nate 06-28-2009 08:52 AM

Btw, would it be possible to use the StyleTap application and install tealOS if you really wanted something like webOS?