PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 04:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

freaKs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freaKs
The following post is to the extreme; NOOB STATUS:

I want to start loading .cab files, doing tweaks, getting nuts if you know what I mean...

Where do I start, What Progarm do I need?

OK, I connect my phone to my PC Via USP, now what?

Falme on, but be gentle, and your guidance is greatly appreciated.....

Old 04-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: The following post is to the extreme; NOOB STATUS:

Hard to say, what do you want to do? You don't really need any programs to load cab files, just connect your device to the pc, put it in storage card mode, move the cabs to your device, then install them by unplugging your device from the pc, find them with file explorer, and click on them.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Medic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaKs View Post
I want to start loading .cab files, doing tweaks, getting nuts if you know what I mean...

A .cab file is run from your phone. You need to activesync your phone, once you have connected via activesync you press the explore icon and it opens up a window which essentially is whats on your phone. Now depending where you want to store your cab file you navigate to that folder. I keep all my cab files on my storage card to I go to my storage card and place the cab file there. Once you have a the cab file on your phone, you need to open up file explorer from your phone which is found in the program menu. Once in the file explorer program navigate to where ever you placed the cab. Find the cab and click on it and follow the directions on the phone.

Just remember cab files need to be run from your phone so you need to get that cab file onto your phone somehow. Some programs are self extracting meaning that they are run off your desktop/laptop at first but end result will be a cab file being run on its own and a program being installed on your phone just as if you ran the cab on your own.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaKs View Post

Welcome to geek-dom.

What you need to do first is read the "Stickie" threads above everything else, especially the FAQ and the Touch Pro Essentials.

That will hopefully answer alot of your questions and also give you some direction that you might want to explore. My advice to you is NOT to reflash a ROM right away. Just install programs/tweaks and generally get familar with your device first. Find out what you like and dislike and then you can look into reflashing.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Touch Pro Essentials
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

& just read around if there is something u want your phone to do specifically then ask around or use the search function

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 04-02-2009, 05:02 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op, i have no pc. i use my poc to tweak, customize ect. just dl total comander and your pretty much set, no pc needed for most stuff. my phone is tweaked to the hilt except for flashing. http://www.ghisler.com/
Old 04-02-2009, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

like chappy said, cab files are easy....try reading up 1st..on registry tweaks, customizations(s2u2, taskbar, etc)...u'll prolly get intrigued into unlocking and flashing...but for startersof course, guys feel free to add to list)
-resco file explorer 2008
-total commander
honestly..lol..like chappy said what exactly are u tryna do with ur fone???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro