\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I miss my buttons.. :( (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63364)

3DPiper 04-02-2009 11:07 AM

I miss my buttons.. :(

I came to the TouchPro(Fuze) from a 8525 and gave it to my wife.. Every now and then I have to show her how to do something on it, and I hate to say I miss the hardware buttons.. Although it wasn't as sexy as the myphone, it sure as heck was a lot more functional.. With the blinking lights you could see if you missed a call or a text message without turning anything on.. Push the power button and you are one button away from internet, messages, camera, phone, or the start menu.. Plus the scroll/click wheel was great for one-hand navigation..

The Fuze is much more like the myphone, where you have to hold it with one hand while 'touch'ing for navigation with the other.. Plus, just like the myphone, it's usually: power button, slide, swipe, swipe, press, swipe, press, slide, slide, and then you are finally at your app..

I digress.. :???:

-Matthew

shaggylive 04-02-2009 11:20 AM

Re: I miss my buttons.. :(

I feel ya bro, I keep my inactive mogul @ my desk just to pickup and press buttons sometimes. :)

Machinehead 04-02-2009 11:26 AM

I don't miss the buttons from my 6800 AT ALL.

x10guy 04-02-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3DPiper (Post 818332)
I came to the TouchPro(Fuze) from a 8525 and gave it to my wife.. Every now and then I have to show her how to do something on it, and I hate to say I miss the hardware buttons.. Although it wasn't as sexy as the myphone, it sure as heck was a lot more functional.. With the blinking lights you could see if you missed a call or a text message without turning anything on.. Push the power button and you are one button away from internet, messages, camera, phone, or the start menu.. Plus the scroll/click wheel was great for one-hand navigation..

The Fuze is much more like the myphone, where you have to hold it with one hand while 'touch'ing for navigation with the other.. Plus, just like the myphone, it's usually: power button, slide, swipe, swipe, press, swipe, press, slide, slide, and then you are finally at your app..

I digress.. :???:

-Matthew

That's why so many people don't like TF3D.... too much swiping just to run a program. It really is a mystery to me why so many people love TF3D. I mean, it's nice to look at but functionally and efficiency IMO it is a step backwards.

dan-htc-touch 04-02-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 818447)
That's why so many people don't like TF3D.... too much swiping just to run a program. It really is a mystery to me why so many people love TF3D. I mean, it's nice to look at but functionally and efficiency IMO it is a step backwards.

espesially when it crashes in the middle of trying to navigate somewhere

tbran 04-02-2009 12:03 PM

I love the TP, but I do empathize. What's worse yet is that the next gen phones (TP2 et all) won't even have a hardware d-pad. At least for me, it might keep me with the TP1 since I do like to play an occasional game on my phone which usually requires a hardware d-pad minimally.

artlan 04-02-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 818371)
I feel ya bro, I keep my inactive mogul @ my desk just to pickup and press buttons sometimes. :)

Glad I'm not the only one who does this... though since my mogul had to be sent back (which was so hard to do since it have never failed me), I instead sneak my roommates mogul. ^^;
Hopefully someday the people working on the key remapping will succeed. Even though I'll miss the e-mail and internet keys, having a true Windows and OK button would go a long way :) (I know no2chem mentioned something about this once some time ago, so am hopeful. Been following the other threads on it as well)

Darkjedi 04-02-2009 12:24 PM

What's so wrong with TF3D? I never even use the swipe functions, I just use the slider to navigate what I need. Granted it's not as good as having dedicated buttons, but it's a lot easier than having to navigate through the start menu or programs folder, at least for me. It's always nice to have weather and texts on the home screen. I've never found TF3D to be more of a hassle than an asset.

x10guy 04-02-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 818504)
What's so wrong with TF3D? I never even use the swipe functions, I just use the slider to navigate what I need. Granted it's not as good as having dedicated buttons, but it's a lot easier than having to navigate through the start menu or programs folder, at least for me. It's always nice to have weather and texts on the home screen. I've never found TF3D to be more of a hassle than an asset.

Don't get me wrong. TF3D is better than the regular plain Today Screen but there are so many Today screen interfaces that work better than TF3D. They may not look as nice but it takes alot less swipes, tab touches to run actual applications.
TF3D certainly looks nice but it takes too many steps to actually run all the programs on your device. It also slows your device down quite a bit.
The amount of files it installs on your PPC is just staggering. Just open up the Windows folder with File Explorer and you'll see what I mean.

Of course personal preference it really the name of the game... so those who like it, more power to you...

but I do find it a bit humorous when people complain about trying to get rid of all the bloatware on their device to make it "clean", "fast" and "stable" but keep the biggest bloatware of them all - TF3D. In terms of size, it literally DWARFS any program on the Touch Pro. It also is the cause of alot of incompatibilities (stability).

Darkjedi 04-02-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 818576)
Don't get me wrong. TF3D is better than the regular plain Today Screen but there are so many Today screen interfaces that work better than TF3D. They may not look as nice but it takes alot less swipes, tab touches to run actual applications.
TF3D certainly looks nice but it takes too many steps to actually run all the programs on your device. It also slows your device down quite a bit.
The amount of files it installs on your PPC is just staggering. Just open up the Windows folder with File Explorer and you'll see what I mean.

Of course personal preference it really the name of the game... so those who like it, more power to you...

but I do find it a bit humorous when people complain about trying to get rid of all the bloatware on their device to make it "clean", "fast" and "stable" but keep the biggest bloatware of them all - TF3D. In terms of size, it literally DWARFS any program on the Touch Pro. It also is the cause of alot of incompatibilities (stability).

This is true, people seem to rave about SPB Shell, but stuff like that costs money, hahah.