PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 01:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
stolen phone and what we can do?

Just in case my phone ever gets stolen what programs can I use to turn it off remotely? I already installed the tracker program but what else is their?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

avgas is keeping up the good workavgas is keeping up the good work
Re: stolen phone and what we can do?

password lock
Old 04-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

With sprite terminator, you can lock the phone, erase your contacts, get call logs and gps remotely
Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

yeah, i totally recommend sprite teminator. smartphonetracker is free, but you can't lock the phone, or erase it. i want the ability to lock it, and possibly erase it depending on the circumstance. my ex has a touch pro, and i put terminator on her phone, and she left it at her bf's house one day, and she had a LOT of bad stuff on there. so i locked it before he woke up. he mentioned something later about the phone being broken cause it didn't work... i prob saved her from some arguments lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I have Sprite Terminator and consider it an excellent investment.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: IPAQ, Treo 700WX, Treo 800W Mogul PPC 6800, Now HTC Touch Pro

ashimp1 is a n00b

Since I synch with Exchanage 2007 I can remote wipe the device. If I didn't have that capability I would recommend SpriteTerminator
Old 04-02-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wingzfan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
yeah, i totally recommend sprite teminator. smartphonetracker is free, but you can't lock the phone, or erase it. i want the ability to lock it, and possibly erase it depending on the circumstance. my ex has a touch pro, and i put terminator on her phone, and she left it at her bf's house one day, and she had a LOT of bad stuff on there. so i locked it before he woke up. he mentioned something later about the phone being broken cause it didn't work... i prob saved her from some arguments lol

See I would have done the exact opposite with my ex, I would have sent a text message to it telling her boyfriend "PLEASE READ ME NOW".

Anywho, sprite terminator is definitely the way to go. Only thing I dont like is you cant get the gps location emailed to you. Helped me once so far when I left my phone at my buddies house after a bender.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There is also Virtual Mobile. It's a Sprite product, just like terminator. I use it to back up texts, contacts, pics, and such. Plus it can wipe or lock your phone remotely, the only thing that it doesn't have is the GPS location. But it's also free (for now).

It is better to have searched and searched (and then ask) than never to have searched at all.
If my Comment helped, please hit the thanks button!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro