PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   stolen phone and what we can do? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63332)

ajac 04-02-2009 01:19 AM

stolen phone and what we can do?

Just in case my phone ever gets stolen what programs can I use to turn it off remotely? I already installed the tracker program but what else is their?

avgas 04-02-2009 01:31 AM

Re: stolen phone and what we can do?

password lock

ruskiyab 04-02-2009 01:59 AM

With sprite terminator, you can lock the phone, erase your contacts, get call logs and gps remotely

ou2mame 04-02-2009 03:03 AM

yeah, i totally recommend sprite teminator. smartphonetracker is free, but you can't lock the phone, or erase it. i want the ability to lock it, and possibly erase it depending on the circumstance. my ex has a touch pro, and i put terminator on her phone, and she left it at her bf's house one day, and she had a LOT of bad stuff on there. so i locked it before he woke up. he mentioned something later about the phone being broken cause it didn't work... i prob saved her from some arguments lol

BenC 04-02-2009 03:07 AM

I have Sprite Terminator and consider it an excellent investment.

ashimp1 04-02-2009 12:35 PM

Since I synch with Exchanage 2007 I can remote wipe the device. If I didn't have that capability I would recommend SpriteTerminator

Wingzfan 04-02-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 817897)
yeah, i totally recommend sprite teminator. smartphonetracker is free, but you can't lock the phone, or erase it. i want the ability to lock it, and possibly erase it depending on the circumstance. my ex has a touch pro, and i put terminator on her phone, and she left it at her bf's house one day, and she had a LOT of bad stuff on there. so i locked it before he woke up. he mentioned something later about the phone being broken cause it didn't work... i prob saved her from some arguments lol

See I would have done the exact opposite with my ex, I would have sent a text message to it telling her boyfriend "PLEASE READ ME NOW".

Anywho, sprite terminator is definitely the way to go. Only thing I dont like is you cant get the gps location emailed to you. Helped me once so far when I left my phone at my buddies house after a bender.

The Coach 04-02-2009 05:54 PM

There is also Virtual Mobile. It's a Sprite product, just like terminator. I use it to back up texts, contacts, pics, and such. Plus it can wipe or lock your phone remotely, the only thing that it doesn't have is the GPS location. But it's also free (for now).